Chapter 27

HUDSON 

I buried my face into my pillow and mentally sighed as someone's hand ran through my hair gently. 

So this was what heaven felt like.

"Hudson, can you stop burying your face in my chest?" An amused voice asked, making me crack an eye open. A small smirk formed on my face when I realized why my pillow felt softer than usual.

"I like this position though," I mumbled, closing my eyes once again even though my sleep was long gone. 

"My boobs are squished thanks to your big head. I probably don't even have nipples anymore."

"I can check for you," I offered, popping my head up for a moment to give her a grin. She blushed and tried shoving my arms that were wrapped around her off. I realized that I was sprawled on top of her with our legs tangled and my head resting on her chest. 

I chuckled and adjusted my position so I lay beside her and pulled her closer to me, "Morning beautiful."

She groaned and buried her face in my neck, "It's too early."

I kissed the top of her hair and smiled at the familiar scent. My mornings were always better when I woke up with her in my arms. It reminded me that there was a reason why I wanted to wake up every morning– so I could see her face every day. 

"My heat cycle is supposed to start today," She muttered, her lips brushing my neck with every word. I bit the inside of my bottom lip to keep myself from kissing her senselessly and decided to just pat her ass.

She lifted her head and frowned, "Why are you patting my bottom?"

I cocked my head and gave her an innocent look, "I felt bad that it wasn't getting any attention."

"Hudson, I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you," She grumbled, pulling my hand away unfortunately. 

"Well continue. I'm listening," I muttered, leaning closer to place kisses on her neck. She let out a soft moan which made my blood rush to my nether regions. 

"How are we going to deal with the cycle this time? It's supposed to get worse the second time," she asked, tangling her fingers in my hair and pulling my head up. 

"We can figure out what makes you comfortable once it starts. I think you should be fine as long as I stay with you."

She gave me a pointed look which I returned with a small smile, "I'm not going anywhere this time. Don't worry."

She hummed in approval, "Good. Or else I would really make you live with the squirrels."

"Alexis, you're as threatening as a newborn puppy."

"Are you saying that you want me to follow through with my threat?"

"Not at all, my Fruit Loopiness."

"You need to find a new nickname, Kit Kat."

"Fine, baby girl."

"That's even worse, baby daddy."

"I better be your only baby daddy, Alexis."

She didn't say anything for a moment before she burst into laughter. I watched her throw her head back as she couldn't control her amusement. Her laugh was just beautiful, and not because it sounded great and all, but because it was genuine.

When she stopped, she gave me a small smile and fingered the dimple on my chin, "You're staring."

"How could I not when the most beautiful girl is sleeping beside me?"