Mother, Son Pair (2)

"Older Sister-in-law," Naoko began to say as he bowed towards her. "Please do not misunderstand our intentions. We, mother, son pair are just worried for Father. We did not mean to be unfilial towards Grandfather."

"If that is the case, then why is it that you keep on asking to see Father-in-law if you don't mean to be unfilial? Is not Grandfather's words law?" Sya asked as she felt Ju Long's hand land on her shoulder and squeeze it tightly, letting her know that he is behind her no matter how much she insults his family.

"Of course-" Naoko began to say before Sya cut him off.

"Then why is it that you aren't listening to him? Is it because you don't respect Grandfather-in-law? Or is it because you don't recognize his authority?" Sya asked. "Just yesterday, did Grandfather not order you mother, son pair to stay in your courtyard until your father learns his lesson and understands what he did wrong to him, my husband, our Wei Clan and me? That the both of you are to repent for Father-in-laws sins against us Wei?"

The two of them froze when they heard Sya's words. Everyone in the banquet hall that was in attendance last night, heard Hideo's order. They were suppose to stay inside their courtyard, however the very next day they came out to beg Hideo to see Ken. If that was not questioning and disrespecting Hideo's authority, then what was?

"You two claim to be filial. Claim to be loving. Claim to be caring. Claim to be worried. You mother, son pair does not have the Wei Clan in your heart! You only have Father-in-law and you two in each other's heart! " Sya clicked her tongue at them as if she was an elder chastising a child. "Such simple orders from the Head of Wei and you mother, son pair can't even do one thing right to help Father-in-law. How pitiful, my husband is! His own Father, betraying his own Wei Clan by bringing our enemy to our very own doors on his own Father's Birthday celebration! Making us lose face in front of so many people! In front of royalty, nobility, and high government officials! Ah-ya! My poor Ju Long has such a cowardly Father! You must get your courage from your mother's side!"

Sya stood up and held Ju Long in her arms as she brushed his hair back as if she was comforting him. She had insulted Ken, Xiu, and Naoko in a short span of time and blacken their names in front of the elders. None of the Elders had enough courage to lecture Ken or criticize him in front of Hideo, for fearing Hideo's wrath, but their new Lady of Wei did it in front of Hideo and in front of Xiu and Naoko. She lectured them, criticized them, and then turned it all around and made Ju Long the victim. What a brilliant Lady of Wei they now have!

Her words also insulted the Wei Clan, for not having courage, by giving Ju Long's courage credit to his maternal side, but no one noticed. Not even Hideo. He was too enraptured at his new Granddaughter-in-law defending Ju Long, him and the Wei Clan to notice.

"Ju Long, to have such a scheming Father, Second Mother and younger brother, you have lived a hard life! If not for Grandfather, you would have been smothered in your sleep at a young age!" Sya cried out with fake tears that refused to fall down her face. Her lamenting caused the Elder's hearts to move, as they watched the beautiful Lady of Wei wail for her husband's struggle. "Ju Long, now that Sya is here, Sya won't let others slight you! Sya won't let others bully you! Sya won't let others make you feel that you are less than what you truly are! You hold the Tiger Seal and command over 300,000 soldiers! You are a great General and a filial Grandson! Ah! You must have suffered at such a young age! From their bullying and ridicule, you achieved so much! Ah-ya! You have risen up from such a dirty and muddy place and is now so clean that every household in the great Meya Country knows your achievements!"

Sya's watery eyes met Ju Long's shining eyes. They glowed with mirth as he watched his wife play the whole room with her acting. If she was going with this route, he must not let her actions go to waste. A silent tear fell down his eye and was quickly wiped away by Sya's fingers.

"Husband! Do not let them see you shed tears! They do not deserve you! Do not cry! They tried to trap you inside of their dark web of lies and schemes, but thankfully Grandfather saved you and taught you so well! Thank Grandfather that he help raise such a great young man, who is my husband! Now that I am here, standing beside you, no one will dare to wrong you!"

Ju Long had to bury her head against his chest, or else he would have laughed at her exaggeration. Her acting was so great, she convinced the whole room that she felt Ju Long's injustice and can only cry about it because the people who wronged Ju Long was his very own Father, Second Mother and little brother.

"Wife." Ju Long said quietly as he held on to Sya as her shoulder's shook and shivered as if she was silently crying. "Husband's heart is full because Wife cares and loves this Husband so much! Do not cry for Husband. Husband knows the true meaning of love and Husband knows that Wife, truly loves Husband. Those injustice that Husband had to deal with when Husband was only a boy, made Husband strong. Husband is now strong enough to protect those who matters to Husband. So do not cry, they too do not deserve your tears."

"Ju Long, take our new Lady of Wei back to your courtyard. She is too emotional and after her tears are dry, she would be too ashamed to face us Elders. Go back, so she can save some face. Us Elders already knows the truth. We have seen it. We do not need our Lady of Wei getting sick because of it. Go, take her back. We can see that she is worthy of to stand next to you and see that she loves you just as well. It is a good match and we approve." Guo Yin said as every Elder nodded their head in agreement. "As for Second Wife Xiu and Second Young Master, your fate is in Lord Hideo's hands."

Hideo's angry eyes stared at the mother, son pair and he clicked his tongue at them a couple of times before he told them of his verdict.

"Xiu, you will go to the temple and pray. The only time you will come back, is when my foolish son is done praying for forgiveness from our ancestors. Naoko, you are to stay inside of your courtyard. You are to spend your time, diligently studying and writing scriptures of the Gods. You have a government test coming up. You said you would get first place. Now is the best time to prove that those words were not just words, but truths. Show Grandfather what you are made of!" Hideo ordered. "Should I see any of you not follow my words, Xiu, you should never come back to our Wei properties and Naoko, you should never claim to be a son of Wei ever again!"