Chapter 20

A/N: Warning-Slight Sexual Content, Brief Nudity, Incestual thoughts. I'll put up the warning when it takes place in the chapter. 

Damon:

I'd made my way back to the room I previously brought the child to in order to travel to the secret base of operations. Inside were items needed to create other teleportation arrays that utilized my Shadow Magic. Mostly though, I used the items to sustain just the one. 

I begun setting up a more easy and flexible array that wasn't set for a specific location. It would merely boost the Magic I had, allowing me to take someone with me. In order for us to return after completing the objective, there was a type of item that tethered us to the array. It was in the shape of a plain white bracelet. 

Once everything was set up I walked back to retrieve the kid. He was on his bed with his Soul Weapon wrapped around his waist. 

Nightmare seemed to have sensed me because it immediately vanished back within the kid when I entered the room. 

"I've finished setting up the Array. Pull yourself together. Any slip ups can cost you your life."

Nathaniel looked towards me with dull eyes before they cleared up. A hard edge flashed within them before he slipped off the bed. 

"Here's some clothes."

I threw him clothes that would automatically clean blood off them. He looked over at me nervously and I couldn't begin to understand what the hell was wrong now. 

"What?! Hurry up and get dressed."

"I can't change with you looking.."

"I'm close to stripping you myself if you don't hurry the hell up," I threatened him. My magic was wreaking havoc due to my anger. It was simple to put clothes on, wasn't it?

He glanced at me and the clothes for a while before straightening his back and beginning to remove his clothes. His eyes stayed on the clothes, clearly avoiding my questioning gaze. When I saw his body I could understand the embarrassment. Bones protruded from beneath his skin, black and purple bruises were still healing and he had so many scars that I was surprised he had functional durability without scar tissue hindering his movements. 

While he was trying to figure out how to wrap the belly band I used some of my Dark Magic to untangle and cleanse his hair. Not that I cared but I wouldn't want to be seen with a dirty chit even if it was to kill people. You should always look dashing while torturing others. 

He blushed and sent me a glare. "Stop it."

His slight growl made me chuckle darkly. The kid had guts. 

When he was done getting the clothes on I noticed how he kept squirming around. 

I gave an exasperated sigh. "What the hell is it now?"

"I look stupid and... I'm not wearing underwear."

It was the most amusing thing I'd ever heard. "Would you like some underwear?"

Nathaniel refused to answer but gave a huff of indignation instead. 

"As to your other problem, you don't look stupid. Scrawny? Yes. Wearing advanced clothing will showcase your battle scars as well as Magic. That's why I am loathe to have you wear those children's clothes."

Ire flashed through my eyes. Why cover up a weapon? Simply ridiculous and I'd need to discuss that with Lily. No doubt she'd try to stop me in order to give Nathaniel a 'normal' childhood. Unfortunately the child has already been predetermined to not have a normal one.