Book Four

Vicky return's the next day to her quarter's and hurriedly shuts the door behind her. She stand's against the door with both hands on her hips. Its a one bedroom apartment, the walls are covered with white paint and a large portrait of Sister Vicky, a flat screen Sammy television and a home theatre with a dressing mirror hangs on the wall. It had a reading table and a chair by the side of the window with a king sized water bed on the floor *facing the Sammy television set* and a neatly constructed altar beside it.

Vicky knelt down in front of the altar to say a prayer;
"Oh blessed Lord, forgive thy servant for I have sinned by bearing evil thoughts in my puny mind".
"But if thy humble servant has strayed away, it is my duty to bring him back to the flock".
"Oh lord, I have heard rumour's about this man!" She exclaimed,"Can I stand by and watch him bring shame upon thy holy name? "
"I pray that you give me the grace to see that which is hidden, to expose evil and keep the house of the lord pure and spotless".
"May your hand of excellence be upon me, that I may handle the issue at hand with the fear of your name."
"No matter how long my service be to you, either long or short, I must use my time to fight evil and all that is unjust".
"If I perish, I perish for Christ!. Amen".
She quickly prepares breakfast and brings out a notepad to draw her plan.
"i will get a pack of fidexs condoms",she writes down, "to compare its scent with that from the chapel, I must interview Helen thoroughly , keep a watchful eye on father Nicolas , purchase a recorder and a camera to document my findings".
She drops the notepad "I must rescue these girls from the bondage of sexual sin", she said while bringing some currency notes out from her hand bag.

Its a sunny weekend and Vicky has two days off from work. She left the quarters few minutes after taking breakfast. Vicky boards a yellow mini van heading towards the commercial part of the city.
These uncomfortable mini vans are mostly used by working class individuals mainly because its relatively cheap and affordable, two passengers in front and eight at the back arranged like sardines in a tin can.
Vicky stopped at Queens bus top which was opposite Parklane general hospital
*the only hospital in the city*. She made her way to a pharmacy which was beside the bus top to purchase a certain item. The front doors of the pharmacy were made with glass. She walks to the counter and meets the attendant.
"May the peace of the Lord be upon this place" she said confidently.
" morning sister,  how may I help you?" Said the attendant with a gesture of humility .
"I would like to purchase a carton of Fidex condoms, please" she said while counting some currency notes. There is a sudden pause and a meek movement of air , the attendant starring at her with his eyes and mouth wide open; his tongue almost coming out his mouth.
"hello?? I would like to buy a carton of fidex condoms" she said again, "please".
He walks over to a glass cupboard, then slowly Starr's back at her; again and again.
"How much is it? " Vicky demanded while he made his way to the counter
"uhhh- its on the house, sister"
"thats nonsense!" said Vicky with one eye brow raised. *She drops some currency notes on the counter arrogantly* "have a nice day" she said while leaving the store. Few blocks away is a hardware store, She stops by to purchase a camera and a voice recorder .
Fidexs condom packs come in different colours but with the same scent from Vicky's observation after unwrapping
Several packs.

The following week, she resumes work much earlier than expected and summons Helen to her office. *Helen knocks at the door*
"come in"
"good morning sister" said Helen in a depressed tone.
"morning, please sit down" she examines Helen with a brief Starr " I know something happened at the Chapel last Friday night and you are going to tell me what it is." Vicky turns the voice recorder on. *Helen alarmed *" No!  Nothing happened, I- I just went to say a prayer at the chapel " her entire body trembling in fear. Vicky grads her right hand, placing it on a holy bible " Swear" said Vicky " Swear it Helen, swear it! And see whether the wrath of the Lord doesn't consume you on that very chair!" She exclaimed. * Helens eyes are filled with tears* "sister please forgive me"
"it is not in my powers to forgive, you must confess your sins and ask the lord for forgiveness " she hands Helen a napkin ,
" sister, I'm sorry"
"its okay dear, tell me everything".
"yes, sister. Last week Friday, immediately after general prayers, Father Nicolas brought me aside from others. He said that he has a prophesy for me and I should meet him at the chapel by 10pm. It all happened so fast, one thing led to another and be- before I knew it he was al - al-alre-a-dy " *her small tears have now turn into a large stream of water, large veins could be seen on her forehead and on her neck* Sister Vicky gives her a tight hug " Its okay my Child, he won't hurt you again I promise, I will make things right. You can skip class for some hours, okay?  I hope you will like that? "
"Yes, thank you".
For the next two weeks, Vicky passed the night in her tiny office, enduring mosquito bites and crams on all parts of her body. Every night, she sat close to her office window to monitor the college . Nothing unusual has occurred from her observation.
However on this particular day, at exactly 9:30 pm, when everyone had gone to bed including the college staff, Vicky spots a figure with a tiny torch light heading towards Father Nicolas' lodge which was within the college . Vicky picks up her camera and runs out of her office in a flash. She removes her foot wear so no one could hear her footsteps, taking one tiny step at a time till she got to the hallway which led to father Nicolas' lodge.

Within minutes, Vicky begins to perceive the Orange scent. She picks up an iron rod which was on the floor and hangs the camera around her neck. Taking deep breaths, she hits the old rusty door handle once, pushing the door wide open.

"Holy father"!  She exclaimed * father Nicolas is standing butt naked with his stained singlet covering his chest. Beside him is a student of the college and probably in her final year, she is totally naked and a torn rap of fidex condom is in the waste bin next to the door*  Vicky quickly takes a picture of father Nicolas and the girl and another picture of the waste bin ,while they try desperately to put on their clothes. Vicky slams the door behind her and walks away.