Our Little Phantom

CRACK

"Mommy! Daddy!" A 9 year old Richard Grayson aka Dick ran to his parents dead bodies bellow the trapeze.

"Dickie , e mami și tati bine?" (Dickie, is mommy and daddy okay?) a little four year old boy ran up to his older brother with tears in their eyes.

"Mommy and daddy... Their not going to wake up.. Danny" Dick hugged his brother as they cried.

Little Danny sobbed into his brothers chest. Danny understood English but never was taught it so he only spoke Romanian.

"mami ! tati ! te rog intoarce-te,"(mommy! daddy! please come back,) Danny whaled as dick held him tighter.

------------------two weeks later----------

"So your name is Danny?" A woman with short red hair asked. The little Danny nodded.

"My name is jazz! This is my mommy and daddy," A little girl smiled at him. Danny looked up with tears in his eyes.

"unde e fratele meu ?" (Where is my brother) Danny whimpered.

"Hold on, let me get a translator for you," A woman said and walked out of the room.

Maddie and Jack looked at Danny with kind eyes as Jack held jazz on his hip she was only six.

"Here we are," The woman came back with Dick.

"Now can you please translate for the Fentons on what Danny is saying?" The woman growled through her teeth at Dick and he nodded.

"Dickie!" Danny smiled and hugged the boy.

"Danny, these people want to adopt you... So be nice okay?" Dick told his brother.

"şi tu?" (What about you?) Danny asked.

"I'll be fine," dick lied knowing him and his brother will be separated.

"So how old are you Danny?" Maddie asked gently.

Danny held up four of his fingers.

"Do you know how to speak English?" Danny shook his head and looked at dick.

"He understands English but can't speak it, he never learned how," Dick explained.

"Are you two brothers?" Jazz asked and the boys nodded.

"Danny we would like to adopt you, how does that sound?" Maddie smiled at him.

"Nu! Vreau ca mami și tati înapoi și Dickie să rămână cu mine," (no! I want my mommy and daddy back and dickie to stay with me,) Danny cried with tears spilling down his face.

"Danny, please, let them, they'll be better for you than here." dick told his brother.

" Dar tu obiceiul fi cu mine " ("But you wont be with me,") Danny cried hugging his brother.

"I will always be with you, Sunt fratele tău , eu te iubesc și va fi chiar aici,"(I'm your brother, I love you and will be right here) dick put a hand on his heart.

"I love you Robin," Danny mumbled to his older brother.

"I love you too, phantom," dick told him.

"Why do you call him phantom? Is he a ghost?" Jack asked.

"No no, it's a nick name, he's silent as a ghost when he goes on the trapeze and when he runs around the circus, the ring master teases about that no one can kill his spirit, so we all just call him the little phantom sometimes," Dick explained.

Later that day the Fentons signed the papers and adopted the youngest Grayson.

Dick and Danny where saying good bye with lots of tears but dick kept telling him it's going to be okay...5

The sad part was...

Danny believed him....