Chapter 12

I walked in and saw my betrothed lying in the floor deathly place and doe eyed. She was shaking, trembling. I immediately recognized it. Her mother who stood over her had used the cruciatus curse on her. But the only question that remained was why? "Mother please." She whimpers her voice weak. I start to walk in to interfere but my father grabs my arm. "Let her son she is saving the arangement. She was straying." He whispers in my ear. I look at him "no father she wasn't she is younger. She is 15 and never had seen real love. She doesn't know how to express her emotions." I say. He looks eyes wide with shock. Realizing his mistake but quickly recovers nodding "Well it isn't my place to interfere if you believe stoping her is best than you may." He gestures to where Beltrix is torturing her own daughter. The stories say she is ruthless but this is a new side of her a much scarier side to think about. I step forward but then notice something Jade's eyes are not their normal hazel green they have turned bright green almost glowing. Suddenly an unknown force hits Belitrix and she is sent flying back she hits into the wall, suprisingly she recovers and lands in her feet. And pointing her wand at her daughter "CRUCIO!" She screams. I look a Jade but she is doesn't even flinch. She snaps her fingers and the wand comes to her hand. She snaps it a seconds time and her mother comes flying towards her with held by some invisible force it appears. Jades eyes are glowing green now, "Now mother lets play nice shall we?" Belitrix grins evilly.
"Now little girl where did you get that trick. Perhaps you inherited it from me. You ain't the only one with tricks little one."  I now realize why my father valued Belitrix some much she isn't crazy she is a crazy with power. Suddenly Belitrix's eyes go from black to a murky red. And then Jade is shacking trying to fight what probably is in invisible battle. That's when I see scratch marks start to appear on Jades arm she screams in pain throwing her hands foward glass alround shatters and fly towards Belitrix. In response Belitrix shields herself but Jade keeps attaching some how it seems as though Belitrix has less power than her daughter but suddenly she teleports to behind Jade. Holding a knife to Jades throat. "Little girl this is how this will work, you will stand down or I wil start cutting." Belitrix says this with no emotion. Jade nods her head and then seems to finally notice me standing there. Her eyes widen and I see behind her mask she looks scared, terrified. Belitrix continues "I see spy a little girl who is breaking the rules and disobeying me." Jade shakes her head and then is suddenly sprawled out on the floor in pain. "Belitrix that's enough." I say.
She turns to me "you dare! She is my child she will be punished as I see fit." I step foward suddenly very furious "She is mine. My promised and under my care!" Belitrix stops and than decides on something "Very well Young Lord." With that she walks out along with my father and I finally notice that Jades aunt and uncle are also there in the corner. They to rise but walk deeper into their sweet. I rush to Jade who is sitting there stunned. I help her stand by her elbows when she is standing and I am sure she won't fall I let go. She looks at me with curiosity. "Nobody ever tells her no." She says. I smile a bit "Nobody ever hurts my Jewel but me."