Chapter IV

The school bell ringing, signalizing that school hours were ending, was one of the most awaited things at the time, by yours truly. Then, I realized that I had after school detention with Mrs. Sunshine. Curse that evil witch. Ironically enough, I don't even know her first name, I don't think anyone does actually. I bet her name is Betty the Snake, has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

I sighed, running a hand through my already tousled hair, dreading spending another hour in this damned place we call School. Yeah, I may be a nerd, but staying in school for a long time, really messes with your fucking head, I swear to God, I'm going to come out of here with an incurable disease. What's worse is, Mrs. Snakeshine's classroom was in the first floor of the building, whereas I was currently standing in the third floor, just leaving my writing class - yes, we have those here, God bless.

I was about to take a turn for the staircase and make my way downstairs, when suddenly some prick, that I have noticed was one of the popular kids, pushed me into the wall and walked away with a smirk on his face, what the hell was his problem? You know, I will never understand bullies, especially high school bullies - can you not make other people's lives more miserable than they most likely already are? Is it like some kind of an urge, to take it out on the world because you have your own issues? Jesus Christ, get a stress ball or something, I'm not some bag that can be tossed around.

I furrowed my brows, scoffing as I regained my form and went straight down the stairs, but of course being the nerd, apparently, made me the drama magnet, cause when I approached the second floor, I walked right into a group of cheerleaders, most - as you've probably already guessed - were blonde, wearing short-shorts and tank tops, I swear to God these hoes came out of a factory, I can practically see the 'made in China' imprinted on their clear skins - yeah, maybe I was envious of how clean their skin was, but that's besides the point! The school's notorious queen bee - Paige, sneered at me "Watch where you're going nerd." As if that insult wasn't overused by it's own.

I don't know what came over me, but I suddenly had the urge to not be thrown around like a tool no more, I know I'm probably going to regret this, but here goes nothing "I'd rather be a nerd than a fake ass bitch, like yourself." I smiled at her, I know my insults were something I needed to work on, a lot, but I couldn't think of anything better in the heat of the moment.

The cheerleaders, that have probably slept with the entire male population in the school, looked at each other and burst out laughing at me and waved me off, as if I were nothing. I frowned, wondering what I did wrong as soon as they walked away. Suddenly, Nathan came around the corner, clapping, his having the adamant and nonchalant expression he had always rocked "You seriously need to work on your insults, solid attempt, though." He stated simply, his voice without a single trace of sarcasm.