sᴇvᴇɴ

Amazon | Seven

Bastian watched from his position tied up against a tree as the women worked, they all shared equal jobs and were friendly with each other. But he and the men were all tied up, some of the little girls wanted to curiously come over to them but the women would drag them away. Bastian didn’t see any harm in it because he knew that the women didn’t like men, but it was slightly worrying. Plus he hadn’t seen Rhea for a few hours, it made him anxious, he felt like a little boy who needed to hold his mother’s hand all the time, he felt like she had forgotten him.

“I have never met more fascinating women,” Antonios seemed to devour them all as he stared, Bastian grimaced and couldn’t help but wonder if Rhea would smash his face in if she caught him staring.

“I am inclined to agree,” a man Bastian had learnt was a scholar who had been visiting his family and went by the name of Eugenios. “They are utterly fascinating; do you think they would agree to let me study them?” Bastian didn’t want to let down the little guy, but it was clear Rhea was the only woman who had been honest. How could Bastian tell the men that the women would rather kill them?

“I don’t think they would agree to that,” Bastian muttered as he watched a particularly large woman, she was strong, she could probably take down half his brother’s army, who had cut her hair off as she sharpened her sword and would glare over at them all every now and then.

“I agree,” Galenus—another man taken from his army—agreed and pursed his firm lips, “I think they would prefer to destroy us than have anything about them revealed.

“Once they are lying beneath me they will see why they must know us,” a large, brainless male named Leandros boasted as he puffed out his large chest – or tried to, having the ropes tug him back into place.

“Has your woman taken you to bed yet Leandros?” Antonios seemed to taunt, “Mine took me the first night and it was possibly the best night of my life.”

“Do not boast,” Eugenios scowled at Antonios, “It is not attractive at all.”

“Thank you,” Antonios replied dryly, “But I do not need lessons from a scholar, I am a warrior.”

Rhea began to walk passed them and she turned to look at them, “Now she is different from the others.” Galenus motioned toward her, he was older than most of them, older than his brother. “Do any of you remember tales of Macarius, or remember him at all?”

“Yes,” they all answered, Bastian remembered the man quite well, he was dangerous, and some would say evil.

“Well she looks like him,” Galenus frown, “But she does not, she is more feminine and must look like her mother. But the way she holds herself and conducts herself,” Galenus shook his head, “And I have been on the receiving end of that icy look.” He turned to Bastian, “When we get back to camp we must ask Macarius if he met one of these women.”

“I think he would have,” Antonios suddenly spoke, “He is always so secretive and I would have to agree with you, there might be a chance she is her daughter – or perhaps his sister.”

“No,” Bastian shook his head, “I am sure that her mother died.”

“Right,” Antonios tried to shuffle to get more comfortable but like Bastian, there was no comfortable position tied to a tree, “Try and find out more information Bastian.”

Bastian wanted to scowl and tell him that he did not take orders from someone lower in rank but he kept his mouth shut and nodded. It was because he wanted the answers from Rhea; he wanted to see if she would come back with him if he told her that he possibly knew his father. But he had a feeling she would not jump at the chance, there was something weird about Rhea but he found it intriguing, it was too bad that all she wanted to use him for was a breeder.