39

Asad (different, huh?) Also- keep in mind Mr. Jefferson is the attorney from ch. 34, go re-read if u need to!

Anthony Jefferson threw back his shot glass, easily the tenth of the night that was still young. He slammed it back down with a smile, angling his body towards mine.

"It's been a while, A," he said, slinging an arm around my shoulders.

"It has," I agreed, "how have you been? How's the wife?"

"Hm." He leaned back and puckered his lips out. "I've been fine."

I chuckled and took a shot. "Good to hear."

"How about you? How have you been?"

"Can't complain," I answered, "money, cars, booze, women."

He chuckled. "You know I'm drunk, right?"

"I'm very aware," I muttered, winking at the bartender as she slipped another shot my way.

He shrugged. "Yeah. I was kind of drunk before I got here."

"Wouldn't put it past you, J."

"You know," he slurred, "you're so free."

I braced my elbows on the bar. "What's that mean?"

"You can do whatever you want," he muttered, "whoever you want, and you don't even have to feel bad about it!"

I nodded. "This is true."

"But me," he said, "oh, God, I hook up with one woman and feel terrible."

I looked up from my drink, hesitantly looking over at him.

"And this woman," he trailed off, "I mean, it's happened before, like a long time ago. But it just recently happened again, and shit."

"You cheated on her?" I asked. I couldn't quite wrap my head around it. Why would he cheat on his wife? They'd always been so in love, so sweet and loving towards eachother. Not to mention she was absolutely stunning.

"Yep! Believe it or not. I know, I know, Alice is stunning and precious and wouldn't ever do anything like that to me, but I don't know, I guess I just got lonely!"

He'd downed enough shots to be delirious, so I took everything he said with a grain of salt.

But could he really make that up?

"Who was it?" I asked, leaning back in my chair. I folded my arms over my chest and awaited his answer. I probably knew her, considering most well-to-do people in Seattle ran together.

"Hmm," he mumbled, eyebrows furrowed together. "Oh, yeah! How could I forget! It was Alessandra King. Duh."

My eyebrows slowly came out of their furrowed state as I leaned forward. "Tell me you're lying?"

"Mm mm!" He shook his head, "no, no, I'm not lying. Why would I lie about that?"

He let out a laugh and I clenched my jaw, holding a hand out to the bartender. She was desperate to get me drunk.