Prologue.

—

"Don't be stupid, I know you better than anyone." He proclaimed to the world genuinely, a smirk resting on his face.

He couldn't help but grin once he saw the defiant flare set on her face. She huffed indignantly, sitting up straighter to speak her next thought.

"Well if you know me so well, what colour are my eyes?" She interrogated, spinning herself around so he couldn't catch a glimpse to cheat. The innocent action alone made his grin widen and an unknown feeling settle within him seeing her so joyful.

He cleared the grin off his face, letting it turn serious as he spoke the truth.

"Well at first glance, they looked brown, but then the sun shined through your eyelashes and they looked almost golden. But if you look closely, there are little green flecks with gold that make them look almost hazel."

She sat quiet, allowing the words to sink in for a moment. Quickly, she flicker her head over her shoulder to see a new smug smirk that graced his face. Her lips could form no response, only encouraging his ego to grow as he knew he was the only person to silence her with words. She settled on simply stating;

"You could've just said brown."

But he shook his head, his smirk turning into a smile. "I will never cause you such an injustice as to call your stunning eyes 'just brown'." He quoted her and he would do it a thousand times if it meant he could see the same glorious smile on her lips a thousand times more.