The Girl Next Door | Nancy Wheeler

Your heart raced at the sight of her. God, was she beautiful. Your room was right across Nancy's. Her windows were open, so you could see her and hear the sound of her voice from inside her house.

"Barbara, I'm not even--wait" she stood still for a second looking at something in her room--her mirror. She turned around and you threw yourself on the floor at the exact time she did. Your heart began to beat even faster. The thought of her seeing you scared the hell out of you. Shit! She'd think you're a stalker. You slowly rose your head. You tried to take a quick look, but you noticed her staring.

You went down again. There was no way that you'd show your face anywhere ever again.

"Hey! I know you're there," she called from her room.

"I'll move to Russia; they'll kill me for sure, I hope," you laughed at your joke. You slowly stood up and became visible to Nancy.

"Why did you hide?" She asked. You could feel your cheeks beginning to heat up. You looked to the left where a tree stood with only a couple leaves yet to fall. Then to the ground full of orange and yellow leaves.

"Well, i didn't want you to think that I'm weird or anything," you yelled, finally looking up.

"Too loud, dammit. Too loud," you muttered to yourself. Your houses were only a few yards apart.

She laughed and shook her head. Her smile made her adorable dimple show.

"What's your name?" She asked. Nancy moved closer to her window. She had both hands on the frame of her window so that her head was popping out of it.

"My name is (y/n) (y/l/n). Yours?" You asked even though you knew her name, Nancy Wheeler. You've had a crush on Nancy since before high school. You've lived next to her all your life, but she's never noticed you until now. Until you were being a creep, great.

"Nancy! Nancy Wheeler," she replied with a grin.

"Nancy!!!!" You heard coming from her house; Mike's voice came from somewhere other than her room.

"Have you always lived there?" She asked.

"Y-yeah, yeah I have actually," you blushed.

"Huh, I wonder why I never noticed. You know, I think I'd spot a beautiful face like yours and remember it. " She smiled.

"I-I cool. Yeah, um cool," you looked down below sheepishly.

"Hey, well I've got to go," she pointed behind her. Her brother was standing there urging her to follow, "but I'll see you around (y/n) (y/l/n)," she smirked.

"Yeah, I'll see you!" You replied before she disappeared.

"'Cool?' God, what were you thinking? 'You're beautiful too!' 'Thank you, beautiful.' Really? None of those came to mind?" You hit yourself in the head.

"'Cool'" you huffed and closed your window.