Chapter 1.

--------

"Come on Davis!" Davon yelled to him, staring with a worried face.

"Come on my baby!" Carol cried out.

Davis was alcohol poisoned for the fifth time , so Carol and Davon was used to it.

Hours later , Davis woke from his nap.

"Davis what the hell were you thinking?!" Davon yelled as soon as he got his eyes open.

"What? Where am I?" Davis asked.

Carol rolled her eyes , "We're at the hospital again Davis! You have to stop going to these parties and getting drunk all the damn time! You're setting a bad example for your siblings."

Davis huffed and puffed , "I'm sorry Mom. You know how college get."

She handed Davis some water, "If I ever see you again in this hospital because of alcohol and partying, You're doing online school."

"What , you can't do that! Dad, talk to her." Davis demanded.

Davon turned and shrugged, "Listen to your mom , you shouldn't be drinking."

"All college kids does it!" He said.

"Davis , don't be one of those college kids!" Carol said.

The doctor came in and finally released Davis. Now they were on the way to drop him back off at school.

"So , have you made any friends yet?" Carol asked her son.

"Yeah. I've been talking to this one girl , she's pretty cool."

She smiled , "Seems like you like her a lot."

"Mom all I said was the girl was cool. We're just friends." He shrugged.

When they arrived at his school , Davis couldn't wait to get back to his dorm.

"Oh honey , don't forget Jade's birthday is coming up , will you be home?" Carol asked.

"Yeah. I'll make it."

"Alright son we love you." Davon said waving.

Davis waved back until they drove off.

Jade is Carol's daughter she had with James Freckleman. Davis loved all his siblings and couldn't be more happier that she will be turning five this year.
---------------

When Davis got settled into his dorm , he called his friend , who's a girl, over to study. The girl friend was Malia. She was a sophomore this year , and stood by Davis's side since he attended this school.

"Hey homie!" Malia said laughing , taking off her headphones.

He laughed , "New lingo?"

"Yeah. Thought it'll be cool. Everyone says I talk too proper so I should switch it up." She complained.

"Aww here you go!" Davis said shaking his head.

She took a seat on his bed and looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"Here you go worried about what people have to say fuck them! I like the way you talk. It's appropriate and classy." He complimented.

Malia is black , but she was adopted by white parents who couldn't have children. They wanted the best for Malia. She would always get bullied because she speaks proper and everyone around her speaks the slang that they're used to.

"Thanks. You always have a way with words Davie" she said. She always called him Davie when she blushed, and Davis doesn't usually let anyone call him that besides his family , but Malia was something special.