❥ Chapter 12.

Issac model is called Manu Rios (:

Issac

I wake up to a shuffling, I'm a light sleeper. Maybe Amelia or Darcy have gone to the bathroom. I shrug and turn over.

I roll myself back up into my duvet getting comfy until I hear the back-door open and close, I shoot up in bed. Is someone in the house?

I jump up out of bed, quickly adding bottoms to my naked state and quietly walk downstairs, pass Amelia's room, she's in bed, mom and dad are in bed.

I look around, nothing, I walk around, I don't hear anything, I start to think I'm just being paranoid when I see a figure outside, I heat up and grab the nearest object I can find that's in the kitchen, I grab a knife to scare them off.

I quietly sneak out the back door, I hide behind objects until I lower myself to the ground and move slowly nearer to the person.

The figure becomes more clear, it's Darcy. I forgot to check her room when coming downstairs.

She sits at the side of the pool, kicking the water gently with her foot, she looks sad and lonely I feel hesitant to go sit with her but I don't think she wants to be alone however much she puts a face on and it breaks my heart.

I gently rise from my crouched position putting the knife down and gently walking towards the pool, "Darcy?" I mumble quietly into the dark.

She looks up, her eyes look empty and broken, she's been crying I can tell from the puffiness of her face, "Can I join?" She nods to my request and I sit down next to her.

She's quiet and doesn't say anything, "Do you wanna talk about it?" I look over at her, "No" She responses bluntly to my question, "Nothing to talk about" She shrugs.

"Then why have you been crying?" I can't fight the resistance to hold her hand, to let her know I'm here for her but she moves it away before I can take hold, "You'll be surprised at how much I understand" I crouch my neck down to look at her face but she moves away.

"You won't understand, no one does" Her eyes turn glossy as tears appear in her eyes but she fights them away.

"Yes they will, you just don't let anyone in" I frown, "You haven't got to tell me, I'm not going to force you. I just want you to know that I'm here as your friend or whatever you want me as because I've experienced this before and, I can help you if you let me" I approach her face with my hand slowly and tuck her hair behind her ear.

"I don't need help, I'm fine" She forces her sentences out, she's shaking, I can feel under my touch, "I just came out here because I couldn't sleep" She shrugs looking away from me.

"Darcy please listen, I know you don't trust me and don't want to let me in but I can really understand how you're feeling, I have never experienced it myself but I've had someone who was very close to me that suffered with what you do" She looks over at me, I think I may be getting somewhere.

I don't want to share this story, I haven't spoke about it since it happened but I can't let the same thing happen again, I may not be able to save her because I can't do that, she has to do that herself she has to find ways of coping but maybe she can't do that by herself, that's why I want to help and if sharing this story gets her to let me in, I'll tell her.

"Andrew, he was my brother and two years ago he passed away, I haven't spoke about him since he has passed but there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about him. He commit suicide due to mental health problems. We were really close, he told me everything and we did everything together, he was my best friend as well as my brother. He suffered for years and was able to control it until it got too much for him, he just sunk lower and lower and at the time I didn't know what to do or how to help him, I let him slip through my fingers and I hate myself for that, I could of stopped him from doing it if I had just thought and helped him" I force my words out, I can feel all the emotions and anger that I have buried build back up inside of me.