Chapter 16| Misunderstood

****
''I'm just like you,
Even though my problems look nothing like yours do,
Yeah,
I get sad too,
And when I'm down I need
Somebody to talk to,
Yeah, I feel the same as you do,
Same shit, same stress
to go through.
I'm just like you,
If you only knew''
- Louis Tomlinson

****

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 | ᴍɪsᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴏᴏᴅ

Why? Why now of all the times and places? Why me? Has god seen it fit to torture me? Have I done a sin?

Other than allowing my sister to buy so many packets of condoms, I don't think I did anything wrong.

The music was hypnotizing and my body just swayed in sync with it. The neon lights were flashing upon the heated sweaty bodies of those who were dancing.

I tugged the hair band that held my hair in places and pulled it off, my hair now falling pleasantly on my shoulders, swaying with the beat with my body.

I feel a tap on my shoulder,'Olly? You okay?'

'I'm fine', I flash at Jenna who looked completely worried,'I'm fine', I repeated in a softer voice,'I just want to head home drunk with a terrible hangover'

She grins at me,'Okay'

Then she waltzes away gracefully. Any girl would be jealous to see how swift my sister's movements were. Mine are always visibly clumsy and not at all seducing.

I look back straight ahead when another tap is felt on my shoulder. I groan,'Jen-'

I stop mid-sentence. It wasn't Jenna but a highly worried Brett. He looked at me with big worried eyes that my body were begging to melt from but I stood my place; cold as ice,'What do you want?'

'You left camp. You quit', he simply stated,'Xavier is mad at me'

I scoff,'I love that kid. Give him a hug for me okay? Now, I'm gonna go'

I turn around and begin to walk away when he held my hand,'Let go Brett'

'I won't. Not this time', he said and he almost sounded like he was in pain and was pleading.

I tried pulling my hand away but it was locked in a steel grip. Unable to barely twitch, I give up,'let go!'

He pulled me closer till my body turned and got crushed against his. He snaked his arms in a steel lock around my waist and I stopped breathing.

I looked up through my lashes and see his face -his eyes more specifically- looking down to mine. One of his arms slowly raise and start to stroke my hair,'Olivia, tell me what did I do. What did I do to hurt you like this?', he whispered.

'You didn't do anything wrong', I muttered back,'I did. Because the prey fell in love with the predator'

I felt his body stiffen and I took my chance to untangle myself and run away to get lost again in the middle of the dance floor.