Together Atlast: Chapter 15

McKenzie's POV

I unlock the door of my childhood house with the spare key she gave me. When I left for college and moved into my own apartment my mom made sure to let me know I could come by anytime.

"I'm here"

Nathan makes his way from the living room dressed in a black and white suit. He has a meeting today so I volunteered to come and keep an I eye on my mom since college had ended about an hour ago.

"Alright, she's in there and I'll be back around nine and thanks again"

I give a nod to everything he says before locking the door once his phone had rang causing him to leave. I make my way to the living room, sitting right next to my mom who had a bright smile on her face when I appeared.

"Daughterrr!!"

She wrapped her arms around around me tight as I return the hug.

"Hey mom"

"Why are you here?"

I shake my head annoyed releasing her from my grasp once realizing Nathan hadn't told her.

"I came to keep an eye on you to make sure everything's fine since Nathan had to leave"

"I'm not a little kid ya know"

She says rolling her eyes. 'Well you're sure acting like it' is what I wanted to say but refrained from doing so.

"I know but you're still recovering"

I respond, shrugging my shoulders in the process.

"Fine fine, whatevs"

She grabs the remote from off the coffee table right next to the couch. Immediately turning to the BET program. The movie 'Love & Basketball' was on which was by far one of our favorite movies.

A/N (If you guys have never watched that movie before please do. If you're 15 or older of course;) jk)

"Did I use to like this movie or something?"

"Yeah mom, how'd you know?"

Before she was able to answer her knees made their way to the ground. She started to hold her head tight repeating over and over that it was hurting.

"Mom! Mom!!"

I kneel down in front of her freaking out because I had no idea what to do.

"Ow! It hurts!"

"Uhh uhh"

Before I could pull my phone out to call 911 she abruptly stopped screaming in agony. Her head was still located between both her hands as she tried to slow her breathing. I sit kneeling, waiting anxiously for her to say something.

"Mom?"

She snaps her head up and looks at me with confusion in her eyes.

"K-kenzie?"

I nod my head, still sitting and waiting for her to tell me exactly what happened.

"I.......I remember"

My brows scrunch up as confusion took over my mind.

"Remember what?"

"I- I remember. Everything! McKenzie, I've missed you so much!"

She wraps her arms tightly around me as I feel my shirt getting wet from her tears and tried to keep mine from falling.

"I was.....I was so worried it wouldn't come back. That I'd be lost forever"