Losing Hope

{Apocalypse AU}

《Trigger Warning》

  Year: 3114
  Date: 15 May

     The world was in catastrophe, millions had died to an incurable  disease. The outbreak was caused by an exposure of deadly chemicals and nuclear energy that fried the brain, making those who were exposed, go completely insane. This experiment was a failure, the kill zone project was too unstable, but it had to be done, for the world was changing, countries were blood thirsty for war, the society rebelled against the government until it was overthrown by The C.O.-The Chaos Order-Which were the survivors who made it through the nuclear holocaust.

      The climate change was also triggered by the toxins, Antarctica became a desert as the Sahara became capped with snow. The heavens no longer cried water, but acid that ate flesh. Those who were lucky enough to survive abandoned hope and resorted to savagery, kill or be killed. The world had changed, nothing was going to ----.

        The rushed writing was blotched with dried crimson soaked within the paper, making it destitute. The worn down journal had definetly had seen better days, the worn down edges, the burned leather on the cover left charcoal stained fingers.

    "Did you find anything yet?"

    A soft muffled voice called from the other side of the small concrete room, papers were strewn all over the floor, cabinets fallen over to the side. Shards of glass, a stench of rot and mildew was nearly suffocating even with a gas mask on.

       "Just a journal... not really helpful though."

         I set the journal back down on a stainless-steel table, I walked over to where my wife was, she was searching through aged documents that could lead to some type of clue, a cure.

        I glanced over at her while she was reading through some papers. She wore a gas mask and a slightly tattered cloak. She had a combat knife hidden in one of her brown lace up boots, I had given it to her as an anniversary gift so she could defend herself if anything happened to me. Of course nothing bad had happened since we always stick together, no matter what, we've had a few close calls but nonetheless we survived.

        "Keith..."

     She snapped me out of my daze, her head now turned to me, a few papers in her hand.

      "These documents show that they tested this project on living people. Most of them being orphan children and infants. What kind of monster could do this?"

         She clutched the paper so hard her knuckles were pale, her arms shook ever so slightly. I set my hand on her shoulder as an attempt to sooth her, her grip had ceased around the now crinkled paper. I gazed at her for a brief moment before she dropped the documents and picking up her messenger bag, a rapid beeping was heard from it. She pulled out a small metallic box with a built in radioactive detector, the little red needle was twitching around the green area of the meter.

       "Looks like this area is clear of the toxins." I pulled off the mask and sucked in some oxygen, the air in the musty room was fresh. She clicked a few buttons before shoving it in one of the pockets if her cloak. She took off her mask and let her beautiful face free from the containment of the horrid mask. Her gleaming {E/C} eyes, her flawless {S/T} skin, and her {Hair Texture} {H/C} hair, was definetly something I could study all day, she was absolutely breathtaking in this gruesome world.