VIII

I was in my dream again.

I looked around me at the deserted camp, void of any Dry Lander man, women and children. The place seemed almost like a wasteland.

I looked around slowly at my surroundings. I was near the barricade. Last time I was here in my dream I came face to face with that woman. Only this time she wasn't here and there was no way I was looking for her. If she was going to haunt my dreams for the rest of my days I was putting my foot down now. This needed to stop.

I'm taking Raen's advice. I'm facing this thing and I'm getting answers.

All of a sudden I felt a body behind me. Looking down before me my suspicions were confirmed when the floating shadow of an orb stood visibly behind me. Very close and no sooner could I feel hot breathing on my ear.

"You're taunting me." I confirm as I keep my eyes on the shadow in front of me. "If you wanted to kill me, you would've killed me by now instead of messing with my head when I'm awake and in my dreams."

In a split second, I blink and the woman is in front of me. Her eyes black with deep crimson veins festered the skin around her eyes. I looked at her unblinking. Swallowing my fear and telling myself that I'm fine.

The woman only wheezes at me. Not making any move to talk so I continue on.

"You could be messing with me anyways just to kill me but I know that's not the case. You're here for a reason."

The woman, through her wheezing sends me a crooked smile and I shiver at that. My eyes now questioning.

"What do you want?"

"The boy..." She croaks out and the sound of her voice makes my ears flatten against the sides of my head.

"The boy with the mark."

I look up at her now, not realising how my hands had made their way up to clasp my ears. My eyes show fright and confusion at her words. Not understanding what she was saying but a dropping feeling inside of me made me think twice.

"The boy with the mark. We want the boy. The boy with the mark."

I bolt upright in a sweaty mess, panting heavily as I clutched my chest in hopes of slowing my heart beat. The images and words of the woman playing in my mind like a broken record. The more I thought of her words the more worried and frightened I became.

I met eyes with Baja's who was alert as she looked at me from where she was sprawled out at the bottom of my bed. A knowing look in her eyes as she looked upon me with unease.

In that moment I quickly got up from bed, not bothering that it was in the middle of the night as I scrambled for my trousers. Baja yawned and immediately jumped down from my bed, walking over to the entrance, already knowing where I was planning on going.

Or who I was going to go to.

The only one that knows about this and understands what I'm going through.

I stood outside Raen's tent, having took no time in coming here as I ran. Baja beside me as I kept up to her. Now I debated on going in.