20.

I watched as Ida and Flo played together. Even though Ida had aged her body to a late teen she was very much still a child.

I wrapped my arms around myself to keep warm, I feel someone staring at me, I turn my head to the right. Seeing Carmen, she's up in a tree looking down at us.

Well, mostly at me.

I smile and wave at her, she narrows her eyes at me. Soon I was on the ground, Carmen on top of me. I let out a groan, "What are you. Are you trying to trick me? You think being kind is going to get you somewhere?! You may have Ida tricked but not-" I mushed some snow on her face.

I laughed and pushed her off of me, I collected more snow and threw it at the girls causing them to scream and run.

Carmen glared at me and I laughed even more, I screamed as she through a fast snow ball hitting me right in the stomach. I fell to my knees, the air sucked right out of me. "Not-fair." She smirks cheekily.

"Well-" I through another snowball, right into her mouth. "That's it! I'm killing you!" She yelled, just as Ida hit her in the back of the head with two. "All of you!" She yelled and we all playfully ran away from her.

"Opal!" I stopped playing with everyone, Carmen thought it would be funny to throw one last snowball. She snickered with the girls and I looked back to Evangeline. She waved me over, keeping her eyes to the ground. Scared to look at Carmen. "Flo, be careful. Stay warm, don't wander." I rambled as I walked. "I'm not you, sissy! I don't wander!" I chuckled and shook my head. "I'm not like that anymore either!" I shouldn't back.

"The King wants you." Evangeline tells me as I reach her. "Come, its urgent." She grabs my hand and tugs me inside.

"Wait? Why?" Soon I'm pushed into a office. I let out a breath as I see Kronos, Natalia on his lap. I felt the urge to throw up.

I watched painfully as her long fingers and nails dragged up his chest, she smirked at me, her eyes daring me to do something as she kissed his lips. "Y-you called for me?" I asked, my eyes tearing up but I blinked them away, keeping my head down. "Emma is going on vacation, you'll be replacing her until she comes back." I nod my head.

"She'll hand you the list of your jobs. If you can't do them exactly how I expect, your sister will pay with her life." My shoulders sag.

"Understood." My knees buckle as the pain comes back sharp and angry. I look up to see Natalia, well her head in his lap.

"E-Evangeline. Evangeline!" I cry out as I fall to the floor, the pain closing its hands around me. She's pulled up by Kronos but her hand is still working. "What is wrong-" Evangeline picks me up and pulls me out as I sob into her. "What is going on here?" Carmen asks, "Queen, Princess." Evangeline addresses.

I scream out as the pain returns harshly, and I know it's real sex.

Carmen looks to Evangeline for answers just as her mother.

Evangeline picked me up, "Come on, I'll take you to Emma." The women follow us and I'm taken to the help house. Emma gasps, "Again? Oh, Opal." She cooed. "This has happened before?" Irina says watching as I sweat and try to claw away my burning skin. It felt like hot pins where sticking in my skin.

"Was Natalia there?" Carmen asks, Evangeline nods solemnly while Emma puts a cold rag onto my skin.

"But her power doesn't affect Opal." Carmen and Irina stop. "What?" Carmen says and Emma looks into her eyes and nods her head. "I've seen it with my own eyes. That's when Istvan attempted to kill Opal." Irina let out a breath. "How?" Emma shrugs her shoulders.

"She tried, and when she noticed nothing was going to happen she went to attack her, kill her with her own hands but Kronos stopped her. And instead cut Opal and left her out for dead. Ida tried her best to keep everyone away from her but her blood, it even had me wishing I could get a taste."

"Then what.." Irina stops and looks to Emma and Emma just nods. "What? Tell me!" Carmen said and Evangeline nodding silently.

"Stop being nosy." Irina chimed, "Em, lets go talk in your room." Emma nodded and left us.

"Bruises are forming." Carmen said her eyes wide with fear. "What is this?" Carmen whispered. Evangeline frowned as she brought her hand up to put it against my face. "This only has to be the twentieth time its happened. But it's every time the king-" Evangeline and Carmen meet eyes and they run to Emma and Irina.

I stand up after the pain dulls, Benson coming in with the same exhausted look.

I look up at him, tears in my eyes. "W-what is this?" I cry, the tears pouring out.

"Hell." He answers. He walks over to me and rests on the couch, pulling me to his side and we stay sad together. "How do I get rid of it." I ask desperately. Benson looked down at me, looking around. "I can't tell you. Not now." I frown. "It's a big risk Opal-" I shake my head. "You know what's been keeping me hostage. It's amplified since I got here, I can't do it anymore."

"Soon. I promise you."

***

Emma handed me the list of her chores and I wanted to just jump off a cliff. Clean up. I already knew what that meant, she gave me a sad smile. "I'll do it, Opal. Don't worry-" I shook my head. "I'll do it." I told Evangeline smiling at her. Emma pulled me into a hug, "I'm going to miss you so much." I frowned, tearing up.

"You're gonna be gone for three years." I whispered. She squeezed my hands, "I promise to call and send letters as much as I can." We pull each other into a hug again. Arthur smiles and we hug too, Evangeline, Kade, and Benson all wave as they pack into the car and drive off. I felt like I just lost another mother figure.

But ill be strong. I could do this.

hello sweethearts! here's another chapter please let me know what you think of it! until next time