I'm screwed

I'm so sorry for taking this long to update. I had a chapter ready but I didn't like it so I deleted it and started over. I'm still not sure if this chapter us any better but .....enjoy 😊

**********************

Warning: mildly steamy scene ahead

**************************

Daisy

We stay under the tree for a few more hours. The topic of our conversation later shifted to lighter ones and I can't help but fall deeper for him as I got to know him more with me cuddled into him.

This thing going on with Hunter and I didn't have a definition and I had no intention of asking or trying to define it because I'm scared of the answer that reality will bring crashing upon me.

He dropped me off at home after school hours and promised to pick me up seven 'o' clock in the evening for the ball.

The ball where our engagement will be announced.

He then pecks me on the lips making my heart flutter in happiness and contentment. I float happily around the house and I hop into the shower. It's never too early to start preparing.

Woah Daisy, Bipolar much? Just yesterday, I wasn't so thrilled about this engagement and now, I was practically flying in giddiness all because of a boy with blonde hair, hazel eyes and a one-cheek dimple.

What changed?

When I come out of the shower, I see two boxes placed on my bed and curiosity wins over so I open it even though I already have an idea of what is inside. As expected, the boxes contained my outfit for tonight and my jaw drops in awe at the magnificence of the dress.

It was perfect!

What will Hunter think of this dress?

I fumble around with my make up for a while and then clean up the mess I made. When I check the time on my phone, I see that it's 6:50 in the evening and I put on the dress. I glance in the mirror and I smile to calm my nerves.

This is not a date. Well technically, I'm his date but this was no normal date. Then why the hell was I freaking out? It's just Hunter. As I say his name in my head, my heart skips more than a beat.

The sound of the doorbell reverberates throughout the house and I breathe in deeply before grabbing my clutch and moving. outside my room.

I walk down the stairs cautiously because of my heels. As I reach the bottom of the stairs, I hear voices in the living room and I move in the direction. When I get there, my eyes search for Hunter and I find him immediately. He was in a black tuxedo and I sigh at how my body was tingling because of him. He turns around as if he senses me and his eyes widen in shock before he looks me up and down and then finally moves his intense gaze back to my face.