Chapter 6: Those Two, Examinees

Yami had told her that, if she got her magic under enough control, she could take the Magic Knights Exam and choose what squad he wanted.

But he also said, "If you choose another squad, I'll kill you." And he already said before that she could go to the next one, so... ???

He was very confusing at times. He wasn't the best teacher, either. Kept leaving to poop, and she was alone to figure things out more than he was there to help.

"You are a horrible teacher."

"Damn right. There's probably someone way more qualified."

As she knew the Black Bulls members, and going on more missions with those of other squads, something came to her attention.

"Hey, guys," she began in the middle of dinner, getting their attention, "do we have a Vice-Captain?"

Gauche ignored her. Vanessa was drop-dead drunk. Yami wasn't even present. Gordon locked himself in his room. The only answer she actually got was from Luck, who kept throwing peas at Magna until he blew up at him.

"Nope!"

"Not it," [Name] immediately muttered, tapping her nose.

Maybe that explained why they had Paperwork Mondays. Where everyone did paperwork to deal with the damages made. It still didn't deter them from breaking stuff, but whoever had less would be done faster. Yami still left his own to them, though. So [Name] learned to just do her own and rush out as fast as possible.

Even doing paperwork wasn't enough to calm them down, though. It took Yami threatening, and a scary-looking [Name] for them to sit down and do it.

"If one of you makes a move, we all make a move. So get to work already," she had growled at them, eyes wide and glowing dark purple.

She pushed herself from the table. "Charmy, I'm going to bake again," she told the petite girl, whose round cheeks continued to fill with food.

Baking with a bunch of new ingredients at her disposal was fun. Even if it tasted bad, Charmy would eat it, and her sheep cleaned the dishes. And she got instructions from recipe books, Charmy, and her sheep. Though the sheep kinda scared her; sometimes they didn't speak and just pointed the best they could, or demonstrate. But once, her sheep had this super low voice, and she watched the sheep eat the whole stove.

[Name] just learned to let the others eat first, and if they didn't die, the food was probably safe to eat.

That night, she sent a letter to Hage's orphanage, and a tray of banana pudding.

She didn't actually think of sending letters until Aruru, one of the little ones at the orphanage, sent her one. Asta proposed to Sister Lily now.

How faithful.

Oh well. At least, if Asta managed to come to the same squad, she wouldn't have to be woken up with shrieks of marrying him anymore. She was too occupied with other things. But she decided fast to make time to at least write home.

Asta and Yuno, I am waiting. Hurry up and join the knights.

. . .