prologue.

Dreaming Nightmares

"Lilly." A sickly sweet voice whispered from the darkness.

"Lilly." The voice grew louder. I put one foot in front of the other and moved closer to the darkness. Deeper.

"Lilly." Ropes shot out of the shadows and binding themselves around my wrists dragging me into the darkness. My screams ripped through the emptiness, begging for someone to save me.

The ropes pulled me against a hard surface, slowly the walls move in closer. A lump formed in the back of my throat. I tried to break free from the ropes but I couldn't move.

"Lilly." The voice grew louder. "Lilly." And louder. "Lilly." And louder. Then it stopped. The walls stopped caving in, the voice stopped and light flooded through a crack in the wall.

Letting out a breath I didn't realise I was holding, I searched for something, anything.

"We all float down here Lilly." A clown crawled through the crack with the most sinister smile on its face. Another ear piercing wail left my lips and my feet dragged me as far away as I could go, cowering in the corner.

I clawed at my throat as my lungs begged for air, sweat particles slid down the side of my face and dropped on my fresh white sheets.

"It was all a fucked up nightmare. It wasn't real." I reassured myself. "It wasn't real."

"I'm not real enough for you Lilly?" That sickly sweet voice from my nightmare echoed around my room.

Peircing yellow eyes stared straight into me, into my soul. Doing the only thing I can do best I screamed, alerting my parents in the next room over.

The sadistic clown glared at my shaking form one last time before sinking into the darkness that surrounds my room.

The hallway light flickered on and my chipped white door creaked upon, my mother popped her head in and stared at me with sleep ridden eyes.

"Are you okay dear?" She asked as light seeped into my room, filling every crack. Taking a quick glance around I gave a small nod and a quiet "goodnight" before being engulfed into darkness once more.

"Sweet dreams Lilly." I fell asleep again only this time with fear resting heavily on my chest. Weighing me down and dragging me back into dreaming nightmares.

A/N First chapter is up! Sorry it's so short but I promise the next one will be much longer. 😊 Would love to hear if you loved it or not, please comment your thoughts and feel free to leave a vote. 😉😉

Til next time,
-I x