Chapter 31 - Short Confrontation

"Here you go, Ma'am," the worker behind the counter says, handing me the waffle come with ice cream. I turn away from the counter and begin to lick the cake flavored ice cream, standing next to Kian.

"You good?" I ask before he nods and we both walk out if the ice cream shoppe.

We begin to walk down the side walk, taking quick side glances into the little shops as we pass them. Our conversations are light and his hand has a loose, threaded hold on mine.

Kian throws away the bottom of his waffle cone, already having eaten the ice cream.

"You threw away the best part!" I exclaim, laughing at my own statement. Kian smiles at me and laughs himself.

"Nah, the ice cream is way better," he replies, taking a look at the amount of ice cream I still have in my cone. I smile, evilly holding up the cone for him to take a lick of the ice cream I still have.

He raises his eyebrows to me for approval before he leans down to lick my ice cream. When his face is close enough, I push the cone even closer to his face. This causes ice cream to smear all over his mouth and nose.

The sight if Kian with ice cream all around his mouth makes me laugh and I pull the cone back to my face to eat it.

He rolls his eyes playfully before pushing me off to the side if the sidewalk to the wall of the strip mall, bringing his face closer to mine. He kisses me and at first I try to get the ice cream off of his lips, but then he starts kissing me messily, spreading the ice cream from his face to mine.

"Ew! Kian!" I shriek, laughing at the whole event. He laughs too, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me again.

This whole exchange reminds me of something I did to him last year when we were dating. He'll just never learn.

After we've both wiped our mouths off, I offer him my ice cream again. This time, instead of licking it while it's in my hand, he takes the cone from me to eat it before handing the cone back to me. I finish off the ice cream and the cone, throwing the napkin away when we reach a trash can.

"Hey, let's go in here, I have to go to the bathroom," Kian tells me, pulling me into a little gift shop style boutique. He releases my hand before going to find the bathroom.

While he's gone, I look around the shop at all the little trinkets and postcards that are placed around the shop.

"Maddie," a voice calls my name from behind me. I turn around to see a familiar brunette that is shorter than me.

"Oh," I say, trying not to look or sound upset that she's there. "Hi, Emily."

"What's up?" She asks, seeming light and nice. But I know that's not the case at all.

"Nothing really," I say, turning and acting very interested in a table with rings set up on them. I pick up one with a flower on it and put it on my finger.

"Okay, well listen. I told you the other day that you needed to stay away from Kian and I meant it. He is going to be a father soon and doesn't need you to distract him," she says in a voice that would sound nice if she were saying something non-threatening.

"Emily, I-" she cuts me off by laughing loudly. I get confused but turn to see Kian walking up to us. I laugh as well, rolling my eyes at her second face.

"Oh, hey Emily," Kian says as he walks up, making it very obvious as he puts his arm around my waist.

"Hey, Kian! Only a few more months!" She says, rubbing a hand over her pregnant stomach. I reach out, wanting to feel her stomach but she quickly jumps back, glaring at me.

"Sorry," I say, confused.

"It's alright, Maddie! I'm just not a fan of people touching my stomach," she says in a syrupy-sweet voice.

She smiles to the both of us before turning and walking away.

I watch her as she walks away, noticing the bounce in her step and how easily and quickly she walks. There is no way she could be seven months pregnant.

When I lived in Tennessee, a girl in my school was pregnant. When she was seven months pregnant, she walked slowly and with her back arched.

"Emily!" I call out just before she leaves the shop.

She turns quickly, raising her eyebrows to me.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" I ask, wanting to know the answer out if curiosity, but also to know if she knows herself.

She hesitates, looking away from me before looking back at me. "Boy."

I nod and she walks away.

*****

When Kian and I decide to leave the walk, we go back to his house. Both of us hang out in the living room of the house where Ricky and Jc are playing xbox. Jc is much better than Ricky is at it. Kian has his arm around me and we just watch, making small talk.

"Kian?" I say quietly, hoping the boys aren't listening.

He raises his eyebrows, cueing me to continue.

"Do you really think the baby is yours?" I barely say, feeling bad for even saying it. I don't mean to call Emily a liar, but it's not like she hasn't lied before.

"I mean I haven't ever thought that it wasn't." He shrugs, looking puzzled by my question.

"Well..." I just stop talking because I'm afraid of looking like a bitch for saying anything else.

Kian starts to say something, but before he gets a word out, his phone starts to ring.

He grabs his phone and looks at the screen, not answering. He just keeps looking at it, then he looks at me, showing me his phone.

I give him a confused look before I look at his phone seeing "Andrea Russett" on his screen.

"Are you going to answer it?" I ask him, looking at the strange look on his face. He looks to me for the answer. I nod.

He slides the button, answering the call.

After a few moments of Kian listening to the other line, he says, "No, Andrea, stop...no...what?" He listens for a little while longer before shaking his head and hanging up.

"What?" I ask him, feeling worried.

"She's just pissed that I'm with you 'so soon' after we broke up," he explains.

I can't help but feel guilty about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! Thank you guys so much for the support! I hit 2000 followers recently and that's why I updated today!!

Follow me on twitter for updates! @xoDelilahxo

Love you guys!

1.) ARE KIAN AND MADDIE FINALLY DATING?!

2.) Emily needs to go away okay

3.) I want that baby to be a mini-Kian

4.) YYAS I LOVE THIS DELILAH YAY

alright I'm getting carried away!

So I've been working on a book for a few weeks and it happens to be a werewolf/vampire love story kinda but not exactly "love". It's a bit different than other books I've written but I want to know if you'd read it. If you will, comment "5". If I don't get enough votes for that then I'll just delete it but I really love it. And if you for sure want it to be a Fanfiction, comment 6. If it's not a Fanfiction, my main character will look like Colin O'Donaghue because holy moly he's good looking.

Anyway, let me know!! :)

xox -Delilah