She Knows

'I can't be what you want
from me but alright'

4 Days Later

My head had been spinning for four days. I been dodging zara waiting on mia to call me so we can get this dna shit over with. It took her 3 days but she finally called, she scheduled an appointment for exactly 2 days from now and I was anxious for these 2 days to pass by. Until then I was gone lay low and stay in the house cause I ain't feel like talking to nobody, I had too much shit running through my head.

"Get away from them cords killa" I was playing 2k and I was up by 3 with 3 and a half minutes left in the quarter. The last thing I needed was this lil nigga fucking up the game.

A noise sounds by the door and he ran up to the door barking.

"Shut up killa" I sunk in the couch hearing zara voice and the door close.

"Long time no see stranger" She flashes a fake smile plopping down next to me on the couch.

"Yo get up!" I say as the tv flicks off. Lifting her thigh up I snatch the remote flicking the tv back on.

"Son what the fuck " I jump up focusing on the screen, these niggas scored two threes that quick.

After I got possession of the ball I quickly scored a three, once they got possession I got a steal running down the court putting up another three. I let out a breath of air as the ball went through the net, I was back up by 3. Sitting back on the sofa zara threw her legs over my lap getting comfortable.

"You mad babe" She laughs poking her nail in my cheek.

"Move witcho annoying ass" I swat her hand down with my eyes still glued to the t.v.

"I just wanna cuddle" She whines, Ignoring her I engross myself more into the game.

"So you just gone ignore me?"

Sucking her teeth she moves her legs from my lap crossing her arms over her chest sitting up straight.

"Don't nobody give a fuck about ya little attitude" I mumble.

"Okay, And? I didn't ask you to give a fuck"

I blew out a breath of air mentally woosahing, she knew exactly what buttons to push to make my blood pressure rise.

"I'm not gone argue witchu cause you do shit like this on purpose to make me mad and I'm not gone let you take me out my element" I say cooly relaxing in the couch.

"Okay so shut up"

The bones in my pimp hand tingled with anticipation as I fought the urge to wrap my fingers around her throat and cut off her airways.

The tension was thicker than a snicker as we sat in silence.

"You wanna fuck?" She asks breaking the silence as I side eyed her.

"Hell yeah I wanna fuck"

"Why you been ignoring me" She asks as I drew small circles on her nude back. I sigh mentally debating if I should tell her or not.

"I just been in my bag, when I'm not doing stuff for ya dad I'm here sleeping or something"

"You know you can tell me anything right, if it's something bigger than what you're telling me then we'll get through it together" She spoke looking up at me with her big brown eyes, I slyly smile, how did I get so lucky.

"I love you" I smile kissing her forehead.

"I love you too" She smiles.

We layed in a comfortable silence as I continued drawing circles on her back as her chest softly rose and fell.

"I missed this" She mumbles.

"Me too" I sigh as my vibrating phone brung me back to reality. Reaching over I grab it off the nightstand mindlessly answering the call.

"Yer" I answer.

"Come to the hospital on Lenox ave right now" Mia spoke and my eyebrows knit in confusion.

"For what?"

"So you can get a dna test dummy,  you wanna know if it's yours right"

"I thought you said in two days"

"They had an opening for today so I took it, I'm ready to get this over with put you on child support and call it a day" I pull the phone back from my ear scrunching my face, did this bitch just say child support.

"I'm on my way" I hung up in her face sitting up.

"My bad" I tell zara as her head hit the mattress.

"Who was that on the phone" She questions as I lace up my timbs. Ignoring her question I threw on my gucci sweatshirt.

"You gone be here when I get back?" I ask stuffing my phone in my pocket.

"Most likely"

"Bet" I nod leaning down pecking her lips mumbling an "I love you".

"I love you too" She says as I walk out the room.

The nurse pulls the needle out of my arm slowly before covering the wound with a cotton ball and taping it to my arm. After giving mia a check up which I sat out of they drew fluids from her placenta and drew my blood. Turns out she's having a boy, I didn't want to have no emotional attachments until I knew forsure who's kid this was.

"How long is it gone take for me to get the results?" I ask pulling my hoodie on my body.

"It should take 2 to 3 days but sometimes it takes 1 to 2 weeks"

It better not take 1 to 2 weeks I needed them results as soon as possible.

"The young lady is waiting for you in the lobby, she's already finished with the procedure" The nurse informs me.

"Thank you" I nod standing up walking out the room. Walking in the lobby mia sat with her arms crossed and a mug on her face.

I walk right past her going over to the elevators pressing the down button waiting for one of the doors to open.

"You just gone leave me?" She asks as we both step on the elevator.

"You drove yaself here so how I'm gone leave you?"

"Whatever, I can't wait for these results to come back you gone be looking so stupid"

"Why you want it to be my jit so bad? You need to be hoping it's keenans cause I don't know if you remember but that's ya mans" I chuckle as the elevator stops.

"I don't want it to be yours, I know it's yours" She said putting emphasis on know as we step off the elevator.

"How you so sure when you was literally fucking me and keenan at the same times" I look at her waiting for her response as we walk out the clinic doors.

"Cause me and keenan use condoms something me and you never used. The only way this is keenans baby is if he tried trapping me and poked a hole through one and he wouldn't do that so that leaves you" She smiles.

"So you telling me that you was letting me hit raw the whole time but not ya nigga?"

"He nuts too fast I would have 10 kids by now if it wasn't for those condoms, and I thought you couldn't have kids. What happened to them blanks you was talking about?"

"They swimming, just not in you"

"I can't wait to see the look on your face" She chuckles walking over to her car.

"Yea we'll see" I mumble going in the opposite direction.