79. Speak

79. Speak

I somehow made it into the forest, but now I have to find the actual area Tsuna and the others would gather. I don't think they've arrived yet, so I have a while more to locate the area.

The forest was quiet. 

I took a breather under a shady tree-- and looked around. The forest was breezy, and the air was fresh. I could perhaps hear the leaves rustling and birds chirping in a background cacophony--

I closed my eyes, letting out a breath in relief.

"Oh, look what I've found!"

Hearing the cheerful, high-pitched, young girl's voice-- I jumped, inevitably letting out a short shriek. Clinging to the tree I had been leaning on, I found myself surrounded.

Kikyou, Bluebell, and Torikabuto. And a tree at my back.

I could feel myself shiver at the sight of three as the temperature fell-- the color of my face drained away instantly.

Deja vu? 

"It's the outsider person," Bluebell pointed at me rudely. 

"Outsider person?" Kikyou let out a chuckle, "Regardless, it seems we've gotten quite a vital clue to our next action." 

Oh god no. What is this. Why does this always happen to me. 

I was unable to keep calm. The edges of my lips curled up in anything but joy, twitching in spasms and trembling nervously as I contemplated the stupidity of all my life choices.  

"Well, why don't we just make him tell us everything he knows?" Bluebell whined, inching uncomfortably close, with a terribly ecstatic smile on her face.

"Now, now, Bluebell," Kikyou held her by the shoulder, "For now, take him to Byakuran-sama." 

Torikabuto's hand took mine by the wrist-- but before he managed a firm grasp, I pulled away and-- jumped to grab hold of the lowest, bigger branch. 

Pulling myself up quickly, I scrambled up the rest of the tree in trained, easy movements, until I was at a comfortable height.

Having only watched me move, Kikyou chuckled at the sight. 

"Quite a monkey, aren't you?" he teased, "Unfortunately, without  flames, you are no match for us. Nor will you be able to escape from us in this situation."

My eyes narrowed. That was painfully true.

think, think, think--

Most of them can fly. they've got flames and, in the same way as Nozaru and Tazaru's boots, they're able to maneuver in the air. With just my reflexes, I can gain distance. but where can I go? Even if I could just buy time, my lungs won't keep up.