Chapter 2

To think that Jiwon even considered sleeping on the stranger's bed again, might seem absurd. Yet that was exactly what she did after their discussion, using her hangover as an excuse.

To her defense, this stranger did not seem life-threatening.

He appeared to be the type whose interest was fixated on work. She could tell by the manifold times he picked up his ringing phone and mentioned the words: schedule, meeting, office and papers in almost every call he received.

Besides, he had left her alone in his apartment with nothing to do but play the waiting game, watching every tick of the clock until it was finally time to deliver her payment and get this all done with.

Jiwon's placid state had to be interrupted, unfortunately, when the said stranger woke her up upon his arrival. He had handed her hygiene necessities, and a new set of t-shirt and pajamas, informing her that they would have to shop for something to wear as her now stained white clothing from last night was not an option.

So there stood Kim Jiwon, with a forced smile, veins on the verge of popping out any second now and hands on her hips as she fought the urge to throw her black stilettos towards the man in front of her, who was then squinting his eyes at her frame.

The twitch on his lips told Jiwon that he was still not contented. That, or she was just having a hard time reading him.

"I swear, if you make me change into another of those dresses, I am definitely going to take my leave."

Contrary to her expectations, he casually stood up and said, "That one looks fine, let's go."

Jiwon scoffed, following him with her gaze as she shook her head slowly.

"Really, this guy is going to be the death of me," she muttered under her breath before catching up to his side.

After their short run to the boutique for a decent dress, Jiwon sat quietly in the stranger's car as they drove to a place she had no idea of.

The possibility that she had assessed this stranger wrong didn't leave her mind, yet the thrill of the uncertain excited her. She also couldn't be bothered, as this was her last escape before she had to go back to the reality of her life.

Jiwon turned on her phone after neglecting it since last night. Messages and missed call notifications appeared one after another, and before she could even check any of them, the name of her brother flashed on her screen.

"Where are you?" a distressed voice erupted from the speaker as soon as she answered the call. "I was so worried! I've been calling you since last night. You should've at least told me where you are."

She heaved a sigh. "I know, I know. I'm sorry. I'll explain later."

"Where are you?" repeated her brother. "Mom and Dad are still expecting you here. You were informed about this since last week."

"Oppa..." she exhaled firmly. "I'm really sorry, I'll just call you later."

"Yah! Kim Ji—"

Clutching her phone, she shut her eyes closed and leaned on the headrest. At least until the end of the day, she'd hold on to this rebellious act.

"So..." the stranger's voice snapped her out of trance. "What are you running away from?"

She raised a brow at him, as if to ask why he raised such question.

Catching her expression, the stranger chuckled. "You willingly entered my car and let me drive without telling you where we're going, but you wouldn't answer a simple question?"