Prologue

****DISCLAIMER****

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS REPRESENTED IN THIS STORY. I DO NOT WISH TO PROFIT FROM THIS STORY. ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO THE AUTHORS OF THE DC COMICS AND CREATORS OF THE DC UNIVERSE. THIS STORY IS WRITTEN PURELY FOR FUN. I DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS ON THE CHARACTERS REPRESENTED IN THIS STORY.

PROLOGUE

"Some leaders are born women."- Geraldine Ferraro

        The wind blew salty, but refreshing air over the island. The island is truly paradise. Looking at it from afar, it looks untouched. The island has been made specifically for the creatures that inhabit it. It is untainted, fresh, despite its three thousand years of age. It is as righteous as the beings that created it.

        Hippolyta walked across the sandy shores of Themyscira, to complete the mission the Gods had gracefully bestowed upon her. She kneeled not too far from where the waves crashed upon the shore, and began molding the sand and water into the form of a baby girl. She tried her best to sculpt it perfectly, making every detail count to please the Gods. When she was finished her task, the Goddesses Demeter, Athena, Artemis, Aphrodite, Hestia, and the God Hermes; six members of the Greek Pantheon, appeared and bonded the soul of the unborn daughter of the first woman murdered by man, to the clay baby, giving it life.

        Hippolyta knew that she should be grateful and forever in their debt, and she truly was. This baby girl was rightfully hers. She, Hippolyta, was the reincarnation of the first woman murdered by man. She was still on her knees, never taking her eyes off of the raven haired, blue-eyed beauty. She could already feel the baby girl working its way into her Amazonian heart. She made a silent promise to always protect her daughter, to never let any man corrupt her innocence, and to love her until the end of time. She was so captivated by the new bond she had already made with her daughter that she didn't realize that the Gods were still standing over her, waiting for the mother and daughter moment to be over. Hippolyta stood, kept her eyes down as a sign of submission, and waited for either God to speak.

        The Goddess Aphrodite was the first to step forward; she reached out for the baby girl, whom Hippolyta gave to her with no hesitation. Hippolyta had no doubt in her heart that they were only here to give blessings since they had already given her such a great and otherwise impossible gift on the island of Themyscira. Aphrodite then granted the baby with the gifts of beauty and a loving heart. Aphrodite then passed the precious new born to Athena, who granted her with the gifts of wisdom and courage. Athena passed the baby to Demeter who granted her with the gift of great strength, Demeter then passed the baby to Artemis, who granted her with the gifts of a having a hunter's heart and the ability to communicate with animals. Artemis passed the newborn to Hestia, who blessed her with the ability to see the truths hiding within any creature. Hestia finally passed the beautiful, powerful, baby girl to Hermes, who blessed her with the gifts of speed and the power of flight.

        After all of the blessings were received, the Gods left Hippolyta to take her new baby back to her village so she could introduce her sisters to her daughter. She took her time walking back, still admiring her new gift from the Gods. "You will be called Diana. Princess Diana." She said smiling at her baby. "You are destined for so many great things little one, I trust that the Gods bestowed these gifts upon you for very good reason." She continued walking the sandy shores of the beach, talking more to herself than the new born who couldn't understand a word she was saying. "I just hope the reason will not be your downfall."