Major Miles x Reader

Okay, I just really want to say something really quick. I have never written a Major Miles one shot before, so I apologise greatly if he is just completely off character. I greatly encourage you guys comment and let me know if anything was off. NO criticism, just tips and pointers. Thank you and hopefully you enjoy!!
_________

You sat on the couch, reading a book. It was taking longer than normal for Miles to get back, but you guessed that was just the work of a military officer. You don't exactly like his job, but he had it even before you two got together, and you didn't want to seem like the "naggy girlfriend" type.

You sighed as you sat your book on the table next to the couch. You laid back, staring at the ceiling. What was taking so long?

Suddenly, as if reading your mind, Miles came through the door, rushing to the back room. You scrunched your eyebrows together in confusion, wondering what was going on.

"Major Miles, please hurry. This is of utmost importance." You heard a voice from outside, realizing there were two other military officers you didn't recognize.

You sat up as soon as Miles came back into the room, giving you a hasty kiss to the cheek. "I have to go, [Y/n]."

"Where?" You asked, grabbing his wrist as he tried to leave. "Why?"

"There's a situation at Fort Briggs that needs my assistance. I promise I'll write." He said as he gave you another kiss to your lips.

"Major Miles!" One of the officers yelled. "We must go! Now!"

"But.." You muttered, but it went unnoticed as your beloved walked out the door. You didn't even know if he'd come back.

As the door closed, you began to cry. The day had suddenly gone from a perfect planned evening to Miles up and walking away.

Your tears turned to rage as you got up off the couch and huffed as you put your boots on. You opened and slammed your front door, then got in your car. You were gonna have a nice, long chat with Roy Mustang.

~~~~~~~~

It's been about 2 months. Maybe longer. You didn't know. All you could do in the time period was eat and sleep. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's been lonely without Miles. It didn't feel like home anymore. Your friends have told you to go out and meet someone new, but you just couldn't bring yourself to do it.

He had promised he'd write you. But he never did. Did he even make it there? Is he dead? Is he just too busy?

All these questions flooded your mind like a tsunami. You were so dazed it made you jump when the phone rang.

You sighed and sat up, answering it. "Hello.."

"[Y/n], I think it'd interest you greatly to come to my office." You heard the familiar voice of Mustang over the phone.

"What do you want?" You snapped, not in the mood for his shit today.

"There's been a change in plan."

"What fucking plan?" You asked, pinching the bridge of your nose.

Roy didn't answer. He just hung up the phone instead. You sighed heavily and picked up your keys.

~~~~

You were currently walking through the base, being escorted by two officers. Once at Roy's office, you didn't even knock before slamming the door against the wall.

"What?" You asked in a snappy tone, but the sight made your knees feel like Jell-O.

"What..?" You asked again, this time in disbelief. There before you stood Miles, a large smile on his face as he watched you come in.

Roy just sat at his desk with that damn smug look.

You immediately ran to your boyfriend, throwing yourself in his arms. "You're back!" You exclaimed excitedly, tears streaming down your face. "But-"

"There's been a change of plan." Miles repeated what Roy had said over the phone, hugging you back and laughing slightly.

"Welcome home Major Miles." Mustang said, putting his pen down and looking at the commotion.

Miles pulled away from you, still smiling. He knelt on one knee, taking a deep breath.

"What're you..?" You trailed, feeling more tears coming.

"I know this is quick, but [(Insert your full name)], will you please marry me?" He asked, pulling a beautiful ring out of his pocket.

You looked up at Roy in disbelief, before throwing yourself in Mile's arms once again. "Yes!" You exclaimed, basically sobbing at this point. "Yes, yes, yes!"

He laughed and hugged you close, standing. Everything was perfect again. And you wanted it to last a lifetime.