Chapter 27

Shraddha's POV:
Sunlight beaming throughout the hotel room, shining right through my eyes. My alarm shrieks throughout the room, and my head starts to pound as I try to sit up. But I'm weighed down, by something, specifically by someone. I snap my eyes open to see an unfamiliar tattooed skin of Varun whose sprawled across me.

He has his head on my stomach and his arm around me. What the hell? I try to push him off but he groans and tightens his arm around me. He opens his eyes slowly, but doesn't say anything. He closes them again, and untangles his legs from mine. He opens them and stares at me as if I'm some predatory animal.

The images of Varun thrusting into me relentlessly and me calling out his name flashes throughout my mind. What the hell was I thinking?

"We need to talk about this." He says rubbing his eyes. I want to say something but I don't know what to say. On the inside, I'm having a freaking meltdown.

"I'm late for work." I stutter avoiding his eyes. I bring the sheets to cover up my chest. "Do you mind leaving so I could have some privacy?" I request tying the sheets around my body.

"Privacy? After what we did last night, you want privacy?" He smirks looking at me.

"Don't remind me." I scoff rolling my eyes.

"Hey, you called me." He retorts making me turn to face him.

"I didn't tell you to come here." I say and he flops down on the chair wearing only his boxers. I haven't decided if I want to fight with him, to kick him out, or try to handle this like an adult.

"Okay, I'm starting to get the feeling that you're not entirely cool with whatever happened last night." He says.

"No, I'm not cool with it." I say grabbing my clothes from all over the suite.

"Well do you want to talk about it?" He asks following me into the living room.

"Nope, you hurt me and I can't forgive you. That's it." I say heading towards the bathroom.

"So last night meant nothing?" He asks, his voice travels with me.

"I was drunk, I called you and you came here, I made a mistake."

"But calling me meant something, you obviously missed me!" He says.

"I don't have time to do this with you right, I'm running late for work as it is!" I step into the bathroom. I turn on the shower and look into the mirror. On my neck there are multiple deep red bruises, fucking hell. As I run my fingers over the sensitive marks, my mind travels to his tongue on my skin.

Maybe I'm still a little bit intoxicated, because I can't seem to think straight. I thought I was moving on, yet here I am again with the guy who broke my heart with numerous hickeys on my neck like some wild teenager.

"Shraddha?" He says and enters the bathroom as I step into the hot water. I keep mum as the scalding water slides down my skin.

"Are you-are you okay with what happened between us last night?" Why is he acting so weird? I'd expect him to be so cocky and had a smirk on his face the minute his eyes opened.

"I don't know."

"Do you hate me, you know even more than before?" He asks. The vulnerability through his voice pulls my heart strings, however I need to stand my ground. I spent 6 full months trying to get over this man, and I was not about to let him get away so easily.