32: Where Jealousy Leads

She woke up because of the light hitting her closed eyelids

She woke up because of the light hitting her closed eyelids. She slowly opened her eyes, instantly finding the slightly ajarred bathroom door a few meters away from the bed she's lying on. Lisa sat up as she heard the shower stopping. She looked at the clock atop the bedside table and saw it was only three in the morning. Jungkook only got around three hours of sleep? She thought.

The door completely opened causing her to turn her head to the side after catching a glimpse of Jungkook with only a towel loosely wrapped around his hip. Her cheeks heated before clearing her throat, "why are you already awake? Is your head in pain?"

She heard footsteps coming towards her before the part of the bed beside where she's sitting, dipped. His cool hand held her chin and turned her head to face him, "you've seen me naked Doll," he smirked, making her blush even deeper. She tried really really hard not to glance down at his body to the point that she's frozen on her spot. "I don't have hangover don't worry, I ate before I drank last night and I think the ice cream helped too."

"You remembered?" She asked quickly ㅡ too quickly ㅡ that Jungkook raised his eyebrows in question.

"I had some ice cream stains on my shirt, I don't really remember things when I got drunk." She released a relieved breath, turning his questioning look into a frown. "What? Did I do something? Did I say something?" Tension was evident in his voice making Lisa nervous too. She shouldn't have reacted that way! She was being too obvious! Stupid.

"Oh no, not you... uhm, I did. I kind of uhh- told you about what happened yesterday morning when someone left a gift and a rose inside my locker. And you got really jealous and acted like a kid having tantrums," she forcefully laughed, realizing her lie just made the situation even worse.

Now, Jungkook has an emotionless mask on his face ㅡ not giving anything away. With only the light from the bedside lamp illuminating the room, she could see his posture turning rigid and his jaw clenching.

"Hey Kook-ah, it's nothing really. Just a friend of mine from work, rememㅡ" her breath hitched as he suddenly pushed her down the bed. Jungkook settled above her with his arms on either side of her head trapping her.

"Who was it?" He uttered with a hard tone.

Lisa started rubbing his bare shoulder thinking it could make him relax but oh boy, he's pissed. "I told you, it's someone from work. The last commission I accepted before I took a break from my job. The gift was actually a copy of his book. Calm down baby."

His frown deepened, "what was the rose for then?"

"A token of appreciation perhaps?" She said convincingly.

"The book itself could be a token of appreciation, why did that fucker need to give you a fuㅡ" she pulled him down, shutting him up with a kiss.

"Who would've thought that the day would come Jeon Jungkook would get jealous?" She chuckled pinching his cheek causing him to scoff.