Chapter 21.4 - Emerald City Ball Ⅳ

Izo glances around as she finds herself in darkness. The last thing she remembered was activating the skill, Hibernation. Too bad, she didn't know how long the skill would last. Hopefully, no one discovered her dead-like body, before she came back to life.

Izo suddenly finds herself standing in a room with a roaring fireplace. Izo warily glances around as an elegantly dressed gentlemen motions for Izo to take a seat. Izo hesitantly takes a seat in the armchair as blackbird feathers fall into her lap. Izo glances up and spots two ravens staring down at her from their perch above.

Before Izo can react the pink jelly suddenly slams into Izo's chest and nestles happily there. Izo tries to remove the pink jelly, but the pink jelly eyes been to fill with tears as it cries out, "Mama?"

The old man visibly chokes out loud as Izo nervously says, "It's just a nickname." The pink jelly happily purrs in contentment as Izo gives up on prying it off her chest. "So, where am I? I'm not dead, am I?" Izo curiously asked.

"No, the blessings of your god ensured that you yet live and will continue to do so for now. However, you were rather lucky, considering your unfortunate luck in coming across those two envoys from the chaos faction. At present, you are in a dream world, limbo, if you will. And seeing as you were per say away from your body, I thought that we could have a chance to speak and your god- greatly wanted to see you again," The older man drily commented.

Izo avoids staring at the old man's face as the older gentlemen asked, "Why does the ancient god, Cthulhu, call you mama?"

Izo wryly replies, "I'm not sure, but that's what he-. Wait, what gender is Cthulhu?"

"Male technically."

"Right. As I was saying, I'm not sure why, but that's what he's always called me ever since our first meeting."

The older gentlemen leaned back in his armchair and mused out loud, "How interesting. Do you know who I am, child?"

"Your crows gave you away, you're Odin, God of War and Death, and the God of Wisdom and Poetry," Izo carefully answered.

"Yes, that is correct, not many remember my second set of titles. So, you turned joining down the chaos factions, why?" Odin asked.

Izo is silent for a moment, before carefully replying, "Because both factions are evil. I am certain that Harmony is supposed to represent good, but the irony is that the Harmony is just as evil as Chaos. Both factions simply do whatever it is they want in the name of their faction's orders as mortal life is nothing but a giant board game for them."

Odin nods his head thoughtfully and asks, "Interesting, then what would you do?"

"Create a new faction that represents neither Harmony nor Chaos. Instead, that faction strives to keep the balance between both factions to protect humanity from their twisted games," Izo resolutely replied.

Odin smiles and says, "An excellent answer from the chosen envoy of Cthulhu and one that I expected no less. Cthulhu and I are also in agreement with that statement as are several others who will shortly be joining us." With a snap of his fingers, eight more chairs appear at Odin's side with figures already seated.

Izo studies the seated figures from right to left, the 1st figure is a green haired woman with antlers emerging from her head and is wearing a long dress. The 2nd is a fiery red-haired woman with stylish tattoos in style of the Dia de Los Muertos on her face. The 3rd is a handsome man with blue hair and eyes that glitter with a roughish glint to them. The 4th is a large muscled older man with long white hair and beard in a biker gang's style. The 5th is a fine-featured, tan-skinned man with dark circles under his eyes. The 6th is a blue-skinned beauty with dark hair and four arms. The 7th is a tanned teenage girl with cat hears on the top of her head. And the final 8th member is a gorgeous blue-skinned man with a bow and arrows in his lap."

"Allow me to start from right to left, Rhiannon, the Goddess of Earth and Nature. Chantico, the Goddess of Fire and Mystical Creatures. Neptune, the God of Water and the Seas. Helios, the God of Light and Justice. Osiris, the God of Death and Rebirth. Kali, the Goddess of Battle and the Hunt. Bast, the Goddess of Darkness and Magic. And lastly, Kamadeva, the God of Love and Beauty," Odin proudly declared. "Including myself and Cthulhu that makes ten of us."

Izo glances around and asks, "Not to be rude, but where are the other envoys?"

"The rest of the Gods including myself have yet to choose our own envoys as we didn't want to reveal our plans early on. But now, that Chaos Faction has made their first move, we shall, in turn, commence acting as well," Odin flatly stated.

The group of Gods nods to each other in faint greeting as they rise to their feet. The pink jelly gently pushes off from Izo's chest and darts towards the gods as thy form a circle. A giant, glowing circle of light appears beneath them as Odin in a booming voice says, "We Gods of old asked the Universe to witness our vows. And now we once more ask, the Universe to witness our actions of today as we forevermore break our ties and sworn oaths to that of Harmony and Chaos!"

"So, mote be, let our oaths be unspoken," murmured the Gods in unison.

A blast of light spreads from the center the circle like a giant ripple and ripples across the very space of time and onward throughout the universe. The gods of the two factions faintly sense the disturbance in the universe with frowns or obvious interest in some cases.

"We establish a new faction, Fable," Odin declared.

"We swear eternal allegiance to each other by the bonds of brotherhood. Let out our oaths be witnessed and be spoken throughout the Universe," the Gods once more firmly declared.

A second wave bursts out from the circle as the gods of the two factions are shocked by the emergence of a new faction. It was impossible given their vast network and yet the unexpected had exactly occurred. The ancient old gods that had been biding their time suddenly awaken from their ancient slumbers to join the new faction. Suddenly, alliance lines are redrawn in the space of seconds as new and old gods leave their old factions to join the newly created faction. It was the dawn of a new era.