Chapter 3

If glares were daggers, a certain man should have collapsed on the floor by now, body covered with multiple stab wounds; the siren of the ambulance drawing close whilst everyone inside the restaurant were in panic, and probably some newsmonger feigning concern by the perimeter — A complete chaos, to say the least.

But then reality was not so kind to give her such upper-hand.

Despite Jiwon glaring her eyes out for the duration of the night, Min Yoongi couldn't be bothered and only kept a straight face, pressing his lips tight into a thin line from time to time.

However, those simple gestures were enough for both of them to be aware of what they had just thrown themselves into.

Other than this plan simply failing, it backfired. And ironically, with a big hit.

Contrariwise, spirited chatters and laughter filled the air. Jiwon couldn't understand how the two families meshed so well, when in fact, this was probably the first time they ever had an actual conversation.

She poked on the quail egg on her plate with a fork, which rolled away as she did, and grimaced. This began her childish battle with the quail egg as it rolled away from the fork a few more times.

Sure, Jiwon. Busy yourself battling a quail egg while everyone's busy conversing about business expansions.

A few insufferable hours later, both families had decided to end the night. Well at least not after the never ending goodbyes came to a close, and they started their way out of the restaurant.

Finally, Jiwon thought, wanting to get out as soon as possible.

A hand tugged on the crook of Jiwon's elbow just before she could reach the door and spun her around to face him. Gosh, I forgot he still exists.

She put on a blank look, showing that she was not in the right mind for any arguments anymore.

"Did you all plan this against me?"

Her eyes widened in disbelief as she pointed at herself. Yoongi seemed to have a natural talent at turning her gears on, unfortunately.

"Do I strike as someone pleased about this?" she demanded. "Yah! If only you had listened to me when I told you we should have left then maybe this didn't happen."

"I didn't know you were Kim Jiwon."

"And I didn't know you were Min Yoongi," she retaliated. "If you had told me when I asked then maybe I could have remembered."

"Are you really going to blame me for everything?" he shot back. "Don't make me start pointing out where this is also your fault."

While their heated argument went on, the limited view outside did not reflect the same scenario. Au contraire, the way their faces were so close with each other as they whispered-shouted their appeals back and forth made it appear as if they were having an intimate conversation.

It wasn't everyday that the Mins nor the Kims appreciated ever waiting for anyone, and rarely did they ever had to, but today was definitely an exception. They did not mind watching the two have their moment — even had the humor to joke about how in love they were with each other.