Chapter Seven: Apple Wars

“Leave me alone.”

“No.”

“Why the hell not?”

“Because I’m hungry.”

Of course. He wouldn’t come to apologize, would he? No, the only reason that red headed jerk was knocking at the door was because of the borborygmi of his intestines, not the guilt in his chest. Imbecile.

I sighed and rose from the table, ignoring the throbbing in my calves as I staggered towards the door. I clicked the lock open. Lucas pushed his way in, sliding towards the kitchen with watery eyes.

“Thanks a lot for letting me in last night. I had to sleep on the freakin’ floor,” he grumbled. I rolled my eyes.

“Big deal, so did I,” I said, plopping down next to him at the table. I grabbed an apple, ignoring the brown parts and chomping pointedly. Now it was his turn to roll his eyes.

“Yeah, well your an idiot. There’s a couch right there, smart one,” he said. I bite my lip, my eyes starting to burn. A tear tottered at the edge of my eye, threatening to spill over until that jerk snatched one of my apples out of the Tupperware container.

“Hey, what the hell do you think your doing?” I said. Lucas popped the apple in his mouth, smirking and grabbing another one. I gasped.

“I think,” chomp “I’m eating” chomp “Your apples.”

Oh, it was on.

“And I think,” I pulled the Tupperware container onto my lap “That you should back off.” Lucas’s blue eyes seemed to kindle with fire, looking like someone lit an oil spill on the ocean.

He lurched forward, reaching towards the apples on my lap. I jumped back stealthily. Okay, maybe stealthily isn’t the right word. It was more like I stumbled backward, legs hitting a chair, and fell straight onto my butt. But the apples were fine!

I pushed two more apples into my mouth as I stood up, galloping across the room to the kitchen with Lucas hot on my heels. I made a very girlie squeaking sound as an arm snaked around my waist, pulling me back firmly against a wall of muscle.

I attempted to kick him in the nuts.

But unfortunately, I fall under the category of “fun size” and Lucas was able to pull the apples away from me before I hit his manhood. He slid over the counter and popped an apple in his mouth.

I paused to catch my breath and a brilliant idea hit me like a car door in the school parking lot (don’t ask). Sitting there on the counter was the most perfect little water hose attached to the sink.

“Oh Lucas…” I cooed.

A/N-- Sorry for the short chappie guys, I've had guests over for the past few days and had no time for writing. So now, dears, I have a little bitty request. Could you please press vote? I know you all get this a lot, but for some reason, my reads are going up but my ranking is going down. I was almost in the top 30 and now I'm back to 100! And I know I shouldn't whine, but it would totally make my day if you just pressed the little vote button above. Thanks!