Chapter 26

Damon:

After Nathaniel killed over twenty people last night I feel more enthusiastic in his training to be my heir. If I should ever die I know he'd make a decent replacement. He had a better 'mask' than I do and that's because his is actually genuine. It's baffling how someone, especially at such a young age, has such different personalities that he can switch back and forth easily from. 

My mask is very much just that, except for when dealing with Helena and Lily. Helena has actually grown on me. That is, if I ignore her eyes that are obviously not Lily's. 

I turn my attention back to what I was currently doing. A tablet in my hands glowed as lists of Missions popped up. My Second resided at our base of operation and forwarded inquiries to me when I was away. This tablet gave detailed information on the 'customer' and the 'needs'. 

At the top of the list was the highest bounty offered and as I scroll down the reward gets progressively smaller. It had many features though. You could set it for newer Missions at the top, or the cheapest, and there was even an option to sort through the Missions by the Customer's 'power'. Sometimes if someone completes a task that a High Power gives, usually there are rewards such as Soul Weapons or High Level Magical Beast Cores. Many different things can be acquired depending on the Customer. 

"After last night Nightmare should've become a bit more stable being utilized. The only unfortunate thing is that Nathaniel didn't have any techniques or finesse. There's a lot of training to do before he can be a top notch Assassin."

There's an option on the Tablet to get into contact with my Second, Michael, and so I filtered my Magic into it and waited. After a few minutes, an image of a man with cerulean blue hair cut short at the ears in curls, appeared. 

"My Lord," he spoke in a clipped manner. Although this man looked easy going he was every bit as much a deadly assassin as I was. Looks can be deceiving. 

I gave him a sly smile, "Michael, I saw that someone completed the Anderson Mission. Who was it?"

The Anderson mission had been one of the top 5 highest paying Assassin Missions on the list and had been there for over a month. Usually jobs like this were picked up quickly because of how well paying they were. This one though had been known as a 'jinx' Mission. I hadn't taken it for myself simply because I had wanted to test my Assassins. To my great disappointment no one had bested the Anderson Family. 

For all intents and purposes, the Anderson Family hadn't seemed at all difficult to handle from my point of view so it had been a great shock that a month had passed without it being taken off the Tablet. 

"I received word that it was Nicola that completed it. She also said that she needed to speak with you regarding the mission. Apparently something important took place and she wishes to speak only to you about it," he paused and I noticed him chewing at his lip, "She's currently being healed by multiple healers due to severe injuries. From what I gleaned from the Healers, she is suffering from massive internal damages as well as Corrosive Magic."

"Corrosive? As in Demonic?"

"So it would seem. Although, to be fair, the Healers have never come across a Demon before so they're unsure if that's what they're seeing."

"Very well. I shall be there as soon as possible."

I cut the connection with him and mulled over this new information. 

Demons?

Lily:

Vincent had reached the state I had described and I watched as the elements surrounding us began to fly towards his head to help strengthen his Mind. I'd never seen this happen from an outsiders view so I was intrigued on watching the process. 

"I can't reach it. This is damn frustrating," Nathaniel growled to my left. 

I gave him a disapproving frown, "Nathaniel don't cuss."

He closed his eyes to avoid looking into my eyes as I scolded him. 

"Sorry, Lily. I'm just frustrated. It doesn't help that Vincent clearly understands how to reach tranquility."

"It's not a competition, Nathaniel. Maybe I can do something to help you reach it though. Hold on."

He watched me as I leaned towards him with my hand outstretched as I laid my hands on both his temples before leaning forward to set my forehead against my own. With my eyes closed I allowed myself to slip inside of his Mind. This was strictly teaching and so I refused to look at those memories he held that practically oozed filth. 

"You see these memories? It's clutter that you need to clean up," I spoke up and knew that even outside where my true body was, my mouth had moved and I's spoken, "I'll give you a demonstration."

Without closely examining the memory I chose, I used a bit of my magic to smooth over it and removed the gunk coating it before I pushed it down into the black ground beneath my feet. It wasn't really what I was seeing though. This was merely a representation of how Nathaniel saw his mind. The ground was something similar to a container for these memories. One of the main reasons his memories were on the surface, and also why they were so disgusting looking, is because these memories are his 'PTSD'. 

Anytime something reminds the boy of those times at that Hell, these memories would resurface and shatter his mental state. I was going to try and help him resolve not only his fear and anxiety but also help him build his Mental state in the process. 

"Do you understand?"

"I think so," came his hesitant reply. 

With that I pulled back and allowed him to sink into himself to try and accomplish what Vincent had. 

A/N: I'm honestly not sure how this turned out. I was falling asleep while writing. I had to keep shaking myself awake. lol