STAWP | Chapter 51

I have another chapter for you! If you like this chapter, please remember to vote! 

Thanks to everyone who leaves comments! I love reading all the different theories :) So this chapter is dedicated to @BexDevereux for posting tons of comments about what will/should/might happen in this story!  

Are you excited to see if Saf decides to run away, or to stay?

Oh, guess what?

I POSTED A BRAND-NEW BONUS SCENE!!!

If you'd like to read it, you'll find it right after chapter 22! It fits right in, and I think you're really going to like it! 

----------------------------

Saffron

"You're doing what?" I demand. Of all the things I thought Zara would tell me, her running away with Jess isn't one of them. How is it that she's been planning to run away, and I've been planning to run away, and neither of us knew the other one was planning to run away? How is that possible? And why would Zara and Jess even want to run? They live in a pack house, with all you can eat breakfast and friends and gorgeous rooms. I don't see why they'd want to leave. If I didn't owe POW ten grand, and he didn't hate my guts, I'd stay in a heartbeat.

If they are leaving, going with Zara probably beats starting my new life alone. Going with a friend—a wolf friend—is more than I could have ever hoped for. Plus, if I go with Zara, she'll know how not to get caught. That and POW will think she's watching me, and he'd never expect her to run, so we'll be long gone before he notices something is up!

On the other hand, there's Jess, and do I really want to run away with her? Plus, does Zara really, really mean it? Deep down, I know that she does. I trust her. I just can't help questioning things. Is it too much of a coincidence that Zara is running away at the same time that I am? What if it's a trap and POW asked her to pretend to run away to see if I'd really do it? Except that Zara's a terrible liar. Unless this is some huge trap, and that was all pretend.

"I know it sounds crazy," Zara says as if reading my mind, "but we have no choice."

"Why?" I ask. It's not like she's someone's slave. She doesn't have to cook, clean and pay off a huge debt because of her asshole dad. "Why would you run away?"

"It's Jasper's birthday tomorrow," Zara whispers. "I just can't be here for that."

"You know what Logan's birthday was like?" Jess asks. I shake my head no. I don't know and I don't want to heart it, but she tells me anyway. "We were in love. He wanted me to be his mate, and I wanted him to be mine." She swipes away the tears and I feel a knot forming in my chest in the vicinity of my heart. "Then our eyes met and... he broke my heart, Sofie. I won't let the same thing happen to Zara."

Zara nods, and I can tell she's actively trying not to cry. Her lower lip trembles but she squares her shoulders. "I can't stand there in front of everyone and not break down when he finds his mate." She shudders. "I can't even bear to think of him with some other girl."

"There's this rumour going around—" Jess breaks off mid-sentence and looks nervously at Zara.

"They're saying Jess will be his mate," Zara spits out, eyes blazing.

"Who's saying that?" I demand.

"Doesn't matter," Jess snaps, "because it's not happening. I would never be mates with Jasper. I'd rather die."

"It wouldn't be up to you." Zara sniffles.

"Yes, it would. I just won't look at him. I swear to you. I'll never look him in the eye, ever again."

"Thanks, Jess," Zara whispers. "You're a good friend."

"That's why we have to leave." Jess turns to me. "We won't be able to get over them if they're always around. We can't sit with them at every meal, see them every day at school, and then watch them be with someone else." She takes a deep breath. "So we're leaving, and you should too."

I look from her to Zara. It's all starting to make sense. I don't think I could stand seeing Logan with another girl, and I feel for Jess, I really do. I feel even worse for Zara and Jasper. They're just so perfect together, so in love. I can't imagine what she must be feeling. I know there's no way she can stay.

"Do you have a plan?" I ask hopefully.

Zara nods. "All our stuff's in my car. We'll meet there at—"

"Zara," Jess snaps. "She hasn't even agreed to go yet. What if she tells on us?"

"I won't tell."

"See? She won't tell."

"Right...," Jess replies suspiciously.

"I promise. I won't say anything." Even if I don't go with them, I'd never turn them in.

"See?" Zara grins at me.

"If you're driving you'll need gas money." I say practically.

"We have some savings." Jess shrugs.

"And we'll get jobs," Zara adds.

I nod. I was planning to get a job anyway, and now that I don't have to spend money on Dad's cigarette's and booze, the money will go a long way. Obviously, I'll have to send POW a lot of that money each month, that way I can eventually pay him back the ten grand. That and spend money on food and maybe rent. "Where would we stay?" I add.

"It's all taken care of," Jess tells me.

"Taken care of how?" I ask suspiciously.

"We've been planning this for months." She looks sad for a moment, reminding me of what happened a few months ago... and of the fact that she used to date Logan. "We have everything figured out. Where we're staying, how we're getting there, everything. You have nothing to worry about."

"We've been moving clothes to the car for weeks," Zara chimes in. "We can sneak down a bag for you now, and again later tonight, so you'll have all your stuff too. Just say you'll come with us?"

Suddenly, I realize why Zara was so willing to part with half her wardrobe. She was planning to leave it all behind. It seemed like such a grand gesture earlier, for her to part with half of her closet. It made me feel like we were friends and I could trust her. Would she still have done it if she wasn't running away? Would she have been so nice to me? On the other hand, she did invite me to run away with them. That's a pretty big risk and has to mean something, even if I there was a lot less to the whole clothes thing than I thought. If it was just Zara, I would say yes in a heartbeat, but running away with Jess? I'm not even sure the girl is entirely stable.

"You should come," Jess insists, "before he breaks your heart too."

I think it's too late for my heart where Logan is concerned, but I know I have to leave regardless.I can't stay long enough to find out what POW has in store for me, or worse, have him realize I'm not really an Omega. I need to run before I end up locked in some dungeon.

"Please?" Zara begs, making the decision for me.

"Okay," I nod and Zara throws her arms around me in a huge hug.

-----------------------------

Did you like this chapter?

Now that Saffron officially agreed to run, what do you think should happen next?

Should the girls get away? Where do you want them to go? Another pack house? Hawaii? Paris?

Or should someone stop them? POW? Logan? 

So many questions!!! 

And remember to vote for this any other chapters you liked! 

And if there's anything you think I need to improve, please comment or send me a PM. I always--always--listen to your feedback, and I try my best to go back, edit, and make future chapters as as good as I possibly can!