Road to My Memory

Irene's point of view

"Hi! I'm Amber (fx). Irene's girlfriend"

I was shocked hearing that from the person beside me. It made me hit Amber on the stomach with my elbow and looked at her weirdly.

"Yeah. Who would be single looking that beautiful" Seulgi snorted and walked away before I could even explain. I saw how upset she was. I tried to run after her but Amber held my arm to stop me. I turned to her aggressively because of irritation.

"WHAT?!" I asked with my voice rising up.

"Where are you going? Who is she anyway?" Amber asked arrogantly.

"She's my girlfriend, you stupid! My ONE AND ONLY GIRLFRIEND" I said emphasizing the latter part. I swung my arm off her hand and looked at her with anger.

"I can't believe you said that. To think that we're not even like that.. and we will never be." I stated firmly and ran to find Seulgi. I looked around the house but no traces of her were found. I asked the guards and maids and pointed that she went outside after coming to my room. I ran across our garden thinking that maybe she's still there then I saw a figure sitting on a bench in our garden. It made me stop and tremble nervously by just seeing her back view. I approached her slowly.

"Seulgi.." I said softly, scared that she might be really mad but I wanted to explain everything and that she misunderstood what she saw and heard. She was seated there quietly not even moving a muscle from her position as I approach her. It broke me seeing tears from her eyes as she stares blankly in front of her.

"Don't come near me" She said coldly like how her usual tone would be when she was my bodyguard but it felt more terrible this time.

"Okay, I won't come any closer but please hear me out" I pleaded she stayed silent but before I could explained she broke the silence.

"Were you lying to me all this time? I'm always scolded for trusting people easily but you were there when I woke up and even though I don't remember you, you stayed beside me and tolerate my childishness and everyone were stating that you're someone important to my life so I decided to trust you so much but now... I'm starting to doubt everything... Irene" Hearing her calls my name again for the first time after she got the accident felt like a choke to my neck and toxic to my heart. It sounded different, like it was full of hatred, sadness and regrets.

"Just who are you to make me feel this way? Who are you Bae Joohyun?" She stated with pain in her eyes as tears fall from it.

"I'm someone you love and someone that loves you the most" I stated. I explained that Amber is my childhood friend but when she heard that I liked a girl, she immediately pushed her feelings towards me and never back down unless I'm going to show her that I have a girlfriend.

"That's why I invited you along with her to personally introduce you and also for her to stop bothering me" I explained sincerely.

"How can I even believe that?" My bear remained stubborn. She walked away but was stopped with a pain on her head. She groaned in pain as she held her head. I ran to her and tried to help her but she refuses and pushed my hands away.

Seulgi's point of view

Upon talking to Irene, some of my memories came back but with a sharp pain in my head. I refused for her help because I just don't want to fall for her kindness again. I just don't know what to believe.

'All I want now is to remember eveything' I thought to myself but then I heard something fell behind me. I saw Irene lying on the ground. I rushed to her and shook her to wake her up.