Seven

"A simple hello and small talk is basically all you need to know. Smile. You can ditch later on." Louis had told me about 20 minutes ago. Time is going ridiculously slow, just some occupational moguls walking around with their cheque books and cash in hand, showing off who's the wealthiest and most superior.

An older man, possibly around his 50's had stood in front of me with a woman who looked to be his daughter at his side. "Are you lost, dear?" He asked me.

Rude.

"No, no," I decided with a fake laugh. "Cassandra Myers, I'm the columnist here at Metro." He didn't seem at all impressed which didn't matter. I wanted to get the hell out of here. If Harry could ditch, then why couldn't I?

"Of course, John had mentioned you were a bright one. Odd." He squinted his eyes and stepped closer, his partner I'm assuming just stepped back and smile, her teeth bleached white matching the colour of her long platinum hair. I'd never seen somebody wear so much gold and diamond. People literally dressed to impress, but mainly gave off the wrong impressions.

"I'm sorry Sir, but what's odd, exactly?"

He held his large beer belly and cleared his throat, "If you really are as bright as he says, then I don't doubt his word. I don't think Metro is the place for you. I think you'd like to accept my offer to work for me at OSO. Great opportunity, big money. What do you say? Better than this big dump."

"As much as I do appreciate the offer, I'm going to have to decline. I quite like working in this dump."

He laughed, as did the woman behind him. "You don't just decline such opportunities Marcus offers. You must be out of your damned mind."

"You never do stop trying to take away my co workers, do you, Marcus?" On our left was Harry was standing there, wearing a clean white dress shirt and a black tie giving him the formal look. Besides having the sleeves folded up to his elbows and his lack of dress pants. Of course he wears jeans.

Marcus scoffed as Harry came around, I felt his arm on my back slowly, very slowly itching his way around my waist, "You know my offers still stand, Styles. You could do so much better."

"That be true, but you know OSO is as plain as your woman over there." We all gasped besides the woman herself, she just smirked at Harry.

"Still a mega twat I see."

His grip tightened on my hip, he wasn't getting good vibes from her and neither was I. "Still a goading bitch, Anastasia." She laughed, which was not what I or Marcus were expecting. It made me cringe, and I could feel Harry's body stiffen. Her laugh was obnoxious, loud, and absolutely frightening.

She waved and dragged her "man" along with her. Once they were out of sight Harry withdrew his hand from my waist and smiled at me. "You look nice." He complimented.

My cheeks heated, why does this boy do this to me. I looked at the ground, the material of my dress suddenly becoming interesting. "You too."

"They weren't bothering you for too long were they?" I shook my head no. Everybody around us seemed to quieten down, I'm guessing the actual events were about to start. "Let's go outside." He grabbed my hand and pushed his way through the crowd, I ended up muttering sorry to people who were giving off looks at Harry.

He led me out to the patio which was dimly lit with lanterns along with the late city lights. The city was even more beautiful during dusk, that's when everything seemed more alive. You were even able to see the sky. The autumn season is beginning to make it's mark on the climate. The light from the London skyline stripped across Harry's torso, he wasn't wearing anything underneath his shirt. I quickly turned away so he wouldn't notice me staring.