IX

Someone came to the camp the next morning. An outsider of sort, that was what was buzzing around the camp when Raen and I stumbled sleepily to the breakfast table that morning.

Ignoring the looks from most of the group, especially Malakei's; Raen and I didn't say anything regarding last night to my relief. He knew he was the only one that knew about my dreams and decided it wasn't up to him to talk about it. I appreciated that as I ate my bread and cheese. Only looking up when the conversation shifted to a more interesting topic; The outsider.

"-She just came out of nowhere with a bag looking for a place to stay for a while." Tara explained, having overheard the conversation from her neighbour.

"How strange." Mila mumbled, Malakei and Corrin nodding along.

"Does anyone know her or why she is here?" François questions, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"I didn't catch her name and I didn't stick around long enough to hear." Tara sighs.

"Why not?" Malakei frowns and Tara looks up at him.

"I was hungry." She states almost as if it were obvious. Malakei rolls his eyes as Mila sniggers lightly.

"Do you know where she is now?" I question Tara with a frown and she turns to me, eyes bright.

"With Bow." She swallows some water. "He's showing her around the camp and helping her get settled here."

Brilliant. Find Bow, find this woman. I didn't know why I was so eager to see her, maybe because it was the only hope I had that it could be Vixen. Finally arriving to talk with me. I wasn't betting on it though, if she was here she would've wanted to see me first but then again maybe not.

"Good for him." Malakei rolls his eyes before looking at Tara with a curious look.

"You mentioned something earlier, about a party at the square?"

I looked up in confusion, Raen looking up with an annoyed expression at Malakei before turning to Tara. She had everyone's attention now. François cheered at the thoughts.

"Do give details little miss." He encouraged.

"Well.." She started slowly. "It's the time again where the moon and sun become one. It's a special night for Dry Landers, indicating the end of summer season."

"If there will be alcohol there will be Francois." Francois shrugs.

"Lovely." Corrin wrinkles his brows before shrugging also. "I don't mind celebrating."

"Me too." Mila states. Tara smiles at that and I turn to Malakei, feeling his eyes on me and I was right. He stared me down, only raising his brow at me in question.

"I'll go if you go?" He asks and I smile at that before shrugging.

"Sure. I don't mind. It'll be fun right?"

"Right!" Tara exclaims from beside me as she turns to me excitedly. "It's going to be amazing! There's going to be music, food, dancing-"

"Don't forget alcohol." François interjects with a smirk and everyone rolls their eyes.

"Where will it be again?" I question.

"The square." Mila responds brightly. "Behind the fire pit."

"Be there or be square." Corrin says and smirks when I chuckle at his attempt at joking but I find myself nodding. A smile plastered on my face showing my dimples for the first time in a while.

"Ok."

The day was uneventful after that as most of us went off in different directions, doing our own thing. Mila went with Raen which was no surprise. They've gotten closer since Raen and I decided to call it quits. They were probably a lot closer through the time that I was away. The thought seems to sour my mood a bit as I practice throwing my blades at one of the practice targets not too far from the fire pit and weaponry stable.