Chapter 28: New Begginings!!!

This chapter is dedicated to Cytolene. She is one of the most amazing writers on here and although the advice she gave wasn’t to me directly it has still changed my entire outlook on writing. I finally decided to write again after reading her tell another writer to fight through the doubt and hopelessness and just get over themselves and finish the book no matter what they think about it. That bit of advice gave me the fortitude to finally pick up the proverbial pen again. Thankyou.

To all my fans and readers,

This chapter is called new beginnings and that name holds a lot of meaning for me. Although I haven’t yet made it past my own demons I have finally succeeded in writing something. This is the first time I have written anything in months. I can only hope it is any good. I hope u ppl enjoy it as always. Your support has meant a lot, and no matter what I am going through I will always try to honour my promise to complete this book for all of you. I owe it to each and everyone of you who have loved and supported this novel. Thankyou.

NEW BEGGINING:

Sarah saw him sitting at the table,as she looked down upon him from her elevated perch atop the stairs. Thankfully his broad back was turned away from her.

Sarah almost turned tail and ran straight back into her room, but she steeled herself against doing that.

True, she wasn’t in any mood to chat but hiding away in her room wouldn’t help matters either.

 Sarah tried convincing herself that Laird Hugh might actually be a nice man, but she couldn’t quite bring herself to believe that, especially since her experience with the elderly so far had been dismal to say the least.

The first one had sent her back in time, the second one had come up with a crazy scheme to marry her off to the winner of a damn tournament and the third one, well God only knew what he had in store for her.

Sarah squared her shoulders and headed down the steep steps, careful not to trip. It was a little strange walking down a staircase without any form of hand rail, strange and an accident just waiting to happen.

She once again cursed the architect of death castle under her breath, taking some of her frustration out on him.

Fortunately Laird Hugh didn’t hear her muttering to herself, he remained crouched over the table, engrossed in eating the meal Megan had chided Anna over.

The hall itself hadn’t changed much since yesterday; it was still as bleak and draughty as ever. Sarah quelled an urge to run her hands over her frigid upper arms, God this place needed central heating and pronto. Or a fire burning in the massive, empty fireplace at the very least, but it didn’t have either one of those things.    

“Hello, Laird Hugh,” Sarah said tentatively when she got close enough to him.

The old man almost jumped from his seat. He whirled around with a comical expression on his bearded face. Sarah had to suppress a wayward smile, “Ye scared me half tae death lass,”

Sarah was immediately contrite; she had a habit of scaring people these days.

“I am sorry, I didn’t mean........”