7

"Jace," I poke his arm. "Jaaace," I moan, still poking him until he groans a 'what'. "I'm dying."

"Shut up."

"Why are you being nasty? I'm dying."

He pulls the covers over his head and I yank them back. "There's water under my fucking bed."

"Can you-"

"No."

Ugh. I sit up, feeling heavy and terrible. I hate hangovers. My mouth is dryer than the fucking Sahara.

I haven't seen Jace sleep in a long time and he looks so damn beautiful. I have to admit that. He looks so peaceful and innocent... it's a shame I need to ruin that.

I sit on top of him like I did last night, my ass positioned on his crotch. His eyes snap open and suddenly he's wide awake.

"Where are they?" I lean down, my hand searching for anything under his bed.

Jace reaches under while still looking at my body and lifts up a bottle of water.

"Thanks." I get off of him – as much as I was enjoying sitting on him – and drink from the bottle until i'm satisfied. "Keeping a stash of water bottles under your bed is a good idea. Probably healthier than my stash of vodka."

He doesn't say anything while I put my clothes back on and check my phone, seeing a message from Alex.

Alex Where are u???

I text him back that i'll be home soon, then read my other texts.

Brooke Did u hear about Jace fighting a college guy last night? It looked insane

Oh yes, the events of last night. As if reading my mind, Jace speaks:

"How's your leg?"

I extend my leg out, examining the cut that's peeking out from the plaster. "Doesn't hurt." I look at him, noticing the huge bags under his eyes. "How did you sleep?"

"I didn't until about an hour ago."

"Why?"

"Blue balls, kiddo. Thanks for that."

"Oops."

"I need more sleep."

"I need food. Wanna go to mcdonalds or something?"

"At 10am?"

"It's never too early for mcdonald's when you're hungover."

"Well i'm not, thanks to you."

"That's a good thing. You don't have to go through this pain."

"There's pain killers in that drawer."

I look over at the bedside table and open the small drawer, gasping when I see like thirty packets of pain killers and also condoms. "Jesus."

"Most are empty – I always forget to throw them out."

"I hope you're not talking about the condoms being the thing you forget to throw out."

Ignoring the bad feeling I get from seeing the condoms in there, I take two pills then close the drawer.

"Can you take me home now?"

He sighs, sitting up. "Sure." He pulls on a hoodie and picks up his keys and a packet of cigarettes and a lighter, putting them into his pocket.

"Yasmin!" Alice runs over to me when Jace and I go into the living room.

"Heyyy, Alice," I hug her. "How's wonderland?"