II. Mega Man

My systems turned on again after eight hours. I went outside of my room with Rush, looking down the hall to see the wide room with the couch pretty filled up. I slowly walked into the room, not wanting to disrupt something and feeling awkward. I noticed another room in a corner that I hadn't noticed the night before. I waited for a few minutes until someone turned around, tilting her head as she saw me. It looked like she was a rabbit, but she looked strange. Half of her seemed normal, but the bottom half looked like she was a robot.

"Ah!" she said. "You must be tha' kid Sally girl was talkin' 'bout!"

"I..." I blinked. "I guess I am."

There were two other people in the room I didn't know, and they were both looking at me in wonder. "Well, introduce yo' self!" Bunnie demanded.

"I, uh..." I looked at everyone, then put a hand up and waved shyly. "I'm Rock. Or, if you want, you can call me Mega Man."

"Sonic's told us all about ya'll," Bunnie said, returning to her spot on the couch. "Told us you were a pretty strong robot and all that."

"W-well, I don't know about that..." I chuckled nervously.

"Are we being sure he can be trusted?" the other animal on the couch said. He looked pretty scrawny, but if he worked with Sonic, then he couldn't be all that weak. He wore a medal on his shirt, and had a sword at his hip. "How can we be positive he is not from the enemy?"

"What, because he's a robot, Hun?" Bunnie asked.

He sighed and stopped talking.

Nicole appeared in the room next to me. "He is exactly the same as when I saw him in his own world," she said. "Same energy readings, same weapon, same unique copy ability... Dr. Eggman would have to know exactly how to make him the same that his creator did, and I don't know that that's something within his abilities."

"Where's Sonic?" I asked, looking around the room.

Sally rolled her eyes, leaning back against a wall next to the television. "He'll come when he wants. He would have complained if he had to be here this early."

"He is still sleeping," Nicole confirmed.

"You're stalking him?" I chuckled, trying to keep things light.

"I..." Nicole's face turned pink.

"I was just kidding," I said quickly. "I didn't mean-"

"I asked her to check on him," Sally said. "I wanted to make sure he was still in the city. Besides, Nicole has special permissions to enter our homes."

"E-exactly," Nicole said, nodding.

For a few seconds, no one talked in the awkward air. To break the silence, I noticed that there was someone who hadn't introduced herself. "Who are you?" I asked the pink girl.

The girl stood and curtsied. "I'm Amy Rose," she lifted up her hammer, resting it on her shoulder. "And this is my Piko-Piko hammer! A pleasure to meet you!"

"Yeah," I replied. "You too."

"Don't get her angry," Sally warned. Amy giggled. There was something perfectly non-threatening and threatening about her at the same time.

"So..." I said, scratching my head. "What can I do to help? Or is it just a waiting game for now?"

Sally shook her head. "Tails and Rotor are watching carefully for any signs of Eggman or his robots. The army we have in the city is getting ready to back Sonic up, while everyone else waits anxiously to see what happens."