Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

9

9

Alessandro's POV

It was already eleven in the morning when I parked my red Ferrari at the basement of the building. I went out of the car, looked around, adjusted my tie, and then headed to the elevator.

"Good morning, Mr. Russo," the guard standing near the elevator door greeted me.

"Good morning, Dan."

I woke up late this morning. I was not able to sleep well last night. Gretchen texted me, inviting me for a nightcap in their cabin. That would mean a long night of hot wild sex. Her husband, Luigi, left for Brunei and would not be back for a week.

I was almost tempted to go to her. If not for my deal with Miss Brooks... I mean Lisa, I would have gone to Gretchen in seconds without thinking. I would miss all my appointments with my big clients today.

I don't understand why I become so weak when it comes to Gretchen, when I know that she's a bitch!

I entered the elevator and pressed the 27th floor. I watched the numbers changing as it went up.

My mind shifted to Lisa. I just hope that she wouldn't change her mind with the deal. It was the best plan that I could think of to forget Gretchen and move on with my life. I wanted to focus back on business without her as a distraction.

The deal was a win-win situation between me and Lisa. I could help her forget her ex-boyfriend and solve her financial problems.

The elevator opened and I walked directly to my office. I noticed a mop of blue-something in the corner of my eye, but I was in a hurry to give it a second look.

"Good morning, sir."

That familiar voice made my stride stop. She's back.

A joy glowed deep inside me. A heavy weight suddenly lifted off my shoulders. I turned around, but saw a different woman.

A woman with shocking blue hair!

She stared back at me with big bright eyes. Her hair in a loose blue bun reminded me of the blue cotton candy selling across our school when I was in grade school.

I blinked my eyes and continued staring at her. It took me awhile to process who she was. "Lisa?"

She stood up and let out a shy smile. Her hand went up to touch the mop of her blue hair.

"New hair." I cleared my throat, studying her appearance. Her conservative black and red checkered dress did not match well with her hair. "I did not know you like blue."

"Um... Yeah, I like blue, Mr. Russo." I could sense her discomfort as she scratched the back of her hair.

"Call me Alessandro." I smiled at her to make her relax.

"Sorry. I'm used calling you Mr. Russo."

I chuckled. "You have to, or else, it will mess our plan." I stared at her eyes. Her lids were still slightly swollen. "Are you feeling better now?"

"A bit better."

"Good. You're not changing your mind about the deal, right?"

"No... of course not. I... I need the money... for dad's knee operation." She stammered, looking down at her clasped hands. "And my brother, Liam... for his tuition fees in medical school. He's going to start university. It's his dream to become a doctor someday. I want him to fulfill that dream."

I was impressed how caring and loving she was to her family. She was honest, loyal, kind, smart and beautiful. The type of girl that any boy would be so proud to bring in front of his mother. I wished I fell for someone like her, instead of Gretchen.