The Boy Who Sneaks.... Chapter 5 (SAMPLE)

Copyright © 2012 Kirsty Moseley

                                                          Chapter 5

I woke in the morning with a pounding headache. My cellphone was ringing somewhere nearby. I stretched out my hand to get it, but I couldn’t reach. I stretched a little further and managed to knock it onto the bed so I could answer it.

“Hello?” I yawned.

“Amber! Where the hell are you? We’re supposed to be practicing,” an angry male voice shouted. I winced away from the sound and tried to get up, but Liam was near enough laying on top of me. He was pinning me on my stomach, his arm and leg thrown over me, and he was using my back as a pillow. It was actually surprisingly comfortable.

“Justin?” I croaked, looking at my alarm clock, but the numbers were all blurry, I couldn’t make it out. I squeezed my eyes shut then opened them to see that the time was now 8:42 a.m.  

Shit!

“Yeah. Who the hell else do you think it’s going be? You were supposed to be here at eight thirty, Amber. Are you coming or what?” he asked, clearly annoyed.

“Um, yeah, I’m on my way.”

Liam groaned. “Tell him it’s Saturday and I’m tired, Angel,” he moaned into my back, making me giggle.

“Listen, Amber, kick that hot piece off ass out of your bed and get over here! We have a new routine, and you need to learn it,” Justin said, sounding amused now, he’d obviously heard Liam. Justin was the only person that knew that Liam stayed with me, he didn’t know the whole story as to why, but he knew that he did.

Liam drove me to my dance practice every Saturday, hung-over or not. His two stipulations were that I buy lunch, and not tell my brother. Both of which were fine with me. Jake knew I danced but he had never actually seen me do it, I had a feeling he wouldn’t like it too much if he did. Liam and Justin got on really well, which actually really surprised me at first, because I wouldn’t have thought that a macho ice hockey player could be friends with an openly gay guy who likes to wear something pink every day. Shows how much I know.

“I’ll be there in a bit and I’ll bring doughnuts to apologise, OK?” I offered sweetly. I didn’t want him annoyed with me all morning; he would work me twice as hard.

He sighed. “Fine, just hurry up.”

I wriggled a little and pushed my cellphone back onto the side. “Liam, Justin said I need to kick your hot ass out of my bed and get there, fast.” I chuckled.

He groaned and buried his face into my back. “Damn Saturdays are a pain in my ass,” he muttered, rolling off of me onto his back. I turned my head to look at him; he was giving me his trademark smirk. “Your t-shirt’s ridden up a bit there. Want me to get that for you?” he asked, looking down at my backside. I quickly shot my hands down to feel that his t-shirt that I was wearing, was now up bunched up around my waist, which meant he had a clear view of my ass in my thong. I didn’t quite know where we stood after last night, but I think I had the right to tease him a little. It’s not like he’d never seen me in my underwear before, he saw enough of me last night while I was being sick in just my underwear!

“No thanks. I got it.” I climbed out of the bed and stripped off his t-shirt, throwing it in his face so I was just standing there in my bra and panties. “Thanks for the loan,” I said with a smirk, walking seductively over to my closet, trying to find some sweatpants or something I could wear to dance in. I heard him gasp then moan quietly and I bit my lip to stop the giggle escaping. The bedsprings creaked; suddenly his hot breath was blowing down my neck, making my whole body break out in goosebumps.