10

sorry i know its been so long aaaaaah, it summer where i live now so i promise i will be more active.

its gonna get goooood, prepare to meet brian....!

(many of you know him from shadowhunters buuut i am in love

----------------------

The next day was nearly agony. I finished work early, and caught the first bus out of here. I asked for the next day off work, and surprisingly they were quite chilled about me taking it off. I caught the four p.m. bus, which would mean that I would get back to Los Angeles at around ten p.m. and then I had to find a way back to the hotel.

When the sun was going down outside the window beside me, my phone started vibrating with a phone call from Tristan. I hesitated, tempted to let it ring out – but I could barely help myself.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone, the other end running silent.

"Where are you?" he asked, the noise of his cars engine in the background.

"I'm on the bus back to Los Angeles, don't worry I'll be back soon."

I could hear him take a heavy sigh on the other side of the line.

"And then where are you going?" he asked.

"I don't know, I assumed my room was still booked at the hotel."

"Well not exactly," he stopped, "I'll organize something for you tonight I guess."

"Thanks."

It suddenly got awkward, and I took a deep sigh of relief. Although I didn't want to see him at the moment – the sound of his voice made me feel warm inside, like eating honey and warm porridge. It felt like home and I hated it.

When the bus finally arrived back in Los Angeles, I got off and quickly felt the warm air hit me, even though it was dark already. I looked around for someone I knew, but there was nobody. I started walking from the bus bay along the side of the road, when I heard a car pull up behind me. I quickly turned to see no other, but Meredith.

"How did you know I'd be here?" I asked, turning around to walk towards her car.

"Snap Maps," she laughed, putting her phone into my view. Our two people were together now under the same bubble.

"Where are you off to?" she asked, placing her phone back down and resting her arm on the side of the car.

"Well I was going back to my hotel, but I don't think I'm booked in anymore," I looked down to her clothes, noticing she was dressed up, "Where are you off to?" I asked, repeating her question.

"There's a beach party tonight. Do you want to come?"

I looked around the street and saw cars flying by. I really had nothing to do and nothing to lose.

I jumped in the passenger seat, and we flew off down the street to the beach around the corner.

Meredith opened up her door and we stepped out, instantly feeling the warm air on our faces. In the center of the party there was a fire pit, with drunk people stumbling around left, right and center.

"Is this what a L.A. beach party is like?" I asked her and she turned around, giving me a strange look.

"This isn't even the extent of a party here," she laughed.

We walked deeper into the party, and that was when Meredith handed me a few drinks. They hit me pretty fast, and before I knew it, it was one in the morning, the party was still going and I was still buzzing.