Lollipops - Chapter 20

Christmas Break passed by in breezes for Naomi. Although there was much to celebrate over the course of Christmas and New Years Day, Rodrigo Serdeys didn't spare the two celebrations a thought during Christmas Break. He just spent his days snacking on whatever food there was and watching the television.

Although, Naomi no longer had to stress over how much food there was left, or how many times she'd have to clean the house, because today was the day she was going back to Hogwarts.

Truthfully, Naomi didn't quite understand why her father sent her a letter every year to return home for Christmas Break. She'd rather just stay at Hogwarts, her real home. Besides, Rodrigo proved that he didn't spare his daughter a thought, having been neglecting her presence over the break. So, was it to rub it in her face that he didn't care about her? If so, then Rodrigo did a great job, because Naomi felt very lonely and miserable over Christmas Break.

Her and her father couldn't even hold a civil conversation; there was nothing to talk about. And, he wasn't even a wizard, so he found it useless to even try to relate to her.

Sure, at Hogwarts she only had two friends, both of which refused to be seen in public with her, but that was better than spending all of her time around a lousy father.

During Christmas Break, after Naomi went grocery shopping and ran into Sirius, she kept on getting the feeling that she was missing out on something. Should she have said yes when he proposed of her to come over?

Even though two weeks had passed since their encounter, the question kept on lingering around in her head. Naomi was positive that, had she said yes, her Christmas Break would've been brightened by a considerable amount. There were too many complications for her to agree, though.

After having a brief run-through with herself, Naomi finally grabbed her suitcase and carried it downstairs. This was probably the most happy she'd felt throughout the whole of Christmas Break. She was extremely pleased that she was finally able to escape from the glooming presence of her father.

Speaking of the man, he slowly exited the kitchen once hearing Naomi coming down the stairs. A car key jingled in his hand, and his boots and jacket were on. Unlike when she was coming, Naomi's father had the decency to drive her and drop her off at Kings Cross Station this time.

And so, without further ado, Rodrigo swiftly walked out of the house, leaving Naomi to do the same.

–————

The car ride was filled with an unbearable silence, and words couldn't begin to describe how happy Naomi was when her father pulled up at Kings Cross Station.

"Well, bye." She murmured. She went into the backseat to retrieve her suitcase. However, just as she was about to shut the car door, her father suddenly stopped her from doing so.

"Wait, Naomi!" He shouted. Naomi was rather surprised that her father spoke to her, but was able to conceal it with the distaste that she expressed for him.

"What?" She pressed, pretending she was not concerned for what he had to say.

He paused. Their eyes met, and Naomi looked deeply into them. Their was an unfamiliar emotion behind his identical blue eyes. Rodrigo opened his mouth, but just as he was about to explain himself, a car noisily honked behind them.

Naomi only gave her father one last deep look, before slamming the door shut, not wanting to keep the car behind them waiting. She was a little curious as to what her father had to say to her, but she didn't look back as she entered Kings Cross Station.

The time came when Naomi ran through the barrier between Platforms 9 and 10, and she was greeted by a familiar feeling—magic!

Children were running around and playing, friends eagerly waved to each other, adults politely greeted one another, parents were giving their children a heartfelt goodbye, and overall, it was everything Naomi wished to see.