2. The Language Of Silence

"And to your Lord (alone) turn (all your) intentions and hopes."

[ Ash Sharh : 8 ]

📚📚📚📚📚

Growing up and growing old in a world infested with technology, extravaganza, pollution and other such stuff, more often than not most human beings end up confusing between basic human emotions!

They are ignorant, they are unaware. They do not know the differences or they prefer not to see. They are blind to the thin line that exists between strength and independence; courage and disobedience; problems and hindrances; love and lust. But most of all, they could not see or feel the marked, distinct line between peace and silence!

For most, silence often symbolises peace. Silence is what gives them tranquillity, silence is what they crave. Constantly stuck amidst blaring horns, noisy vehicles, loud machinery and even louder people, over the years silence for them becomes the definition of peace. As they start growing old, they start wanting little of everything else.

According to them, silence is peace. End of the story.

It doesn't mean that they are right though, for silence also symbolises many other things which aren't attractive to many.

Silence symbolises withering relations, those which have no hope, no love, no trust to keep people bounded any longer. Silence represents the death at our doorsteps, the machines attached to patients that stop working upon the departure of their soul; the searing pain of broken hearts and the numbing sensation that often follows.

Silence.

Silence can even be bad. It needn't necessarily be good always. It could be destructive too and unlike what most people think, silence is never silent. Silence speaks. It really does. It has its own language - a language that has no script, no proper grammar but that doesn't stop it in the slightest. It speaks to you through the tremors of your heart, the quiver of your lips, the tears of your eyes and the lump in your throat. Silence speaks. It speaks its own language.

Have you by any chance heard its voice?

Have you ever heard silence speaking? Have you heard its moans, its cries, its screams of pain? Its whimpers, pleas and wails? If yes, then you've known pain! If your answer to the above question is yes, then you've felt the extent of its damage.

Zahra knew the language of silence too. She had often heard its unearthly wails. Over the years she had become well versed in detecting its presence. Given the fact of how much it had given her company while growing up, she was well aware of how it sought its victims, knew well how it sunk its claws into the hearts of people, reducing them into nothing but a blubbering mess. Or in some cases mute dumb people.

Needless to say, she wasn't a fan of it. Never had and she knew she will never be. She gave her all in fighting it from succeeding, never wanting people to fall apart because of it. She took all the broken things life presented her with and created master pieces. No matter what she herself was on the inside, she patched up other people's broken pieces. She did all that and more, all with a smile that never left her lips. She was Zahra, the heavenly flower and she did her best in spreading fragrance to the wider world, did her bit in making it a better place and she did it with all her heart.

Amidst all those wonderful things Zahra did, the fact remained that she was human too. The same organ pumped blood into her blood vessels just like everyone else and like everyone else, her heart too faltered at times. Somedays her emotions overruled her rational thoughts, sometimes she tended to use her heart more than her brain.

Somedays she let her heart lead while her brain followed. Like for instance today.

Ten minutes had passed since the bell had gone and all the children had rushed out to the play. The corridors were all empty with no one around, not even the helps. Zahra, assuming that all had left had headed to the staff room for a break when she had noticed a little girl sitting all by herself in an empty classroom. Sensing that something was off, she had gone in to give her some company.