The Reaper

Aliana's POV

"Give me a reason not to kill you." I say to the vampire in front of me.

His eyes flick to the right then back at me.

Without taking me eyes or gun off the vamp, I release Kassandra's hand and draw my second gun, point it over my right shoulder and fire. Ash explodes over me and I watch as the vampires eyes widen with the first flash of fear.

"Let's all calm down." A female council member stands up and says. I pay no attention to her as my focus is only for the vampire I front of me.

"What can we do for you Ms. Amelia?"

I speak out loud for all to hear but I am mainly speaking to this one vamp.

"Why have you had me followed? Why are you after my mate and what do you want with me?"

"We have not been following you, too our kind you are the bringer of death, we try to avoid you at all costs." Another council member answers.

I hear them but it is this vampires answer that I want. He doesn't answer so I press the gun further into his head.

"I wanted your power and strength for myself, you are too powerful to take down in a fight so when I heard that you had a mate and were protecting her, I knew that my chance had come to finally get to you. I would kidnap her and then you trade yourself to me for her freedom." He finishes. The room is in complete silence.

Then the other council members jump up from their seats furious.

"Charles what have you done?!"

"You've brought the Reaper to our door steps!"

"You fool, what have you done?"

The shouting continues until Charles interrupts them.

"Do you not understand the power she posseses? The power that you could stand to gain?"

"And just how were you going to gain power fom me?" I ask him and the room quiets.

He looks back at me nervously.

"Blood, I would have taken your blood. It would give me what I desired."

"And how do you know drinking from me would make you more powerful?"

"It is the way of vampires, we gain power from the blood we drink, the more powerful the blood, the more power we gain. Drinking your blood would give me unlimited power." He states proudly.

Removing my gun from his head, I place it back in it's holster and hold my hand out to him.

"Here." I say and indicate my wrist.

Everyone in the room is shocked silent.

"What are you doing Aliana?" Kassandra asks while trying to pull me back from the table.

"It's ok." I tell her, but keep my eyes on the vampire.

"Here." I tell him again.

"W-what?" He says looking unsure.

"Drink!" I shout a him.

He looks at me with distrut, but does as I tell him. He latches onto my arm and sinks his fangs into it. He isn't gentle either, he tears at my arm to get to the blood and drinks deeply.

When he has had his fill he rips his fangs from my arm tearing my skin and spraying blood.

"Oh god." He moans.

"Oh the power." He shouts now. " I knew you were prowerful but I had no idea, no idea you have this kind of power." He begins walking around the council table, eyes swirling with power.

"I feel like I can conquer the......" He stops and spits up blood

He drops to his knees and continues to spit up buckets of blood.

Everyone in the room is now looking between him and me. Questions in their eyes. But my focus is the vamp currently rolling on the floor still throwing up blood.

"W-what is going on? I f-feel like I'm b-burning from the i-inside out." He stutters, then looks up at me eyes imploring.

I don't answer him, I just walk towards him, my other gun still out.

"I'm supposed to be all powerful! You're blood was supposed to make me the most powerful being on the planet!" He shouts at me as I stand in front of him.

"Who told you that?" I ask him and sight my gun down on him.

"No one told me, it's just supposed to be."

I pull the trigger and he becomes ash as the bullet tears through his heart.

I turn back to the other council members, gun still out, and wait for them to say something. No one says a word, they just look at me with horror on their faces.

"If there are anymore attempts on me and my mate, I will return and destroy the vampires on the whole. Am I clear?"

They all nod their head yes. I walk back over to Kassandra and take her hand, the arm he bit already healed. I snap my fingers and any extra blood of mine around the room disappearrs, I lead her past all the piles of ash on the floor. They were the guards who I shot earlier and the one who Charles had sent after us.

We walk out the room and the door closes behind us, we find Jesen waiting in the large room we had walked through before. When he notices us he scowls and stands up to lead us back out.

"Had a nice visit?" He asks angrily.

"Yes." I tell him and walk past him out the barn. When were out he slams the door behind us.

Walking to the car, we come to an abrupt stop as the guard from before steps in our way and sneers down at me.

"Leaving so soon bitch?" I don't answer him. Instead I backhand him and he flies into a tree. There is a loud crack when he hits, then he drops to the ground unmoving.

His fellow guards surround and point their weapons at us, but I let out a growl so vicious that they all turn and run.

I finish escorting Kassandra and Fen to their side of the car then get in on my side. I start the car and we drive off.

Looking over at Kassanda, I notice that she shaking. I reach over and hold her hand, one hand still on the wheel.

"Are you okay?" I ask her, but keep my eyes on the road.

"Yeah." She says but I can tell she's lying. Guess I finally scared her.