Part 26

~~~ Cabello-Jauregui House ~~~

Camila was up the next morning bright and early and down in the basement warming up her vocal chords to begin her journey back onto the stage. She wasn't lying when she told Lauren that she missed it. She was a little worried that she wouldn't be able to get back to where she was when she gave it up to have a family and started teaching. She didn't regret it but she wanted to at least have another go at her dream now that they were settled in their lives. She was fortunate enough to have youthful good looks and could pass as a 20 year old and not someone who was pushing 30 so she had that on her side.

The brunette had finished her warm ups and got her music ready to start practicing a few songs that were in the show to get ready for her audition that was scheduled for next Saturday. The production wasn't Broadway big but it wasn't completely amateur either many talent scouts have been known to troll the performances seeking the next big hit.

She stood on the small stage and waited for her cue.

I peer through windows,
Watch life go by,
Dream of tomorrow,
And wonder "why"?

The past is holding me,
Keeping life at bay,
I wander lost in yesterday,
Wanting to fly -
But scared to try.

But if someone like you
Found someone like me,
Then suddenly
Nothing would ever be the same

My heart would take wing,
And I'd feel so alive -
If someone like you
Found me

So many secrets
I've longed to share
All I have needed
Is someone there,

To help me see a world
I've never seen before -
A love to open every door,
To set me free,
So I can soar

If someone like you
Found someone like me,
Then suddenly
Nothing would ever be the same

There'd be a new way to live,
A new life to love,
If someone like you
Found me

Oh, if someone like you
Found someone like me,
Then suddenly
Nothing would ever be the same

My heart would take wing,
And I'd feel so alive -
If someone like you
Loved me

Camila was startled when she heard someone clapping; she opened her eyes and found her wife standing at the bottom of the stairs wearing a proud smile.

"You sound amazing Camz." She softly spoke in total adoration.

Camila smiled bashfully as Lauren walked up to her and gently placed a tender kiss on her lips.

"You'll get the part and you will be wonderful." Lauren whispered.

"I'm a little nervous." Camila quietly admitted.

"There's no need, you're Camila Cabello…ha try saying that fast 20 times…anyways the point is you're the most talented person I have ever met, your gorgeous and you will knock them dead."

"Sing with me?" Camila asked.

Lauren smiled and nodded.

"Only for you."

The two women spent some time together in the basement singing different songs, some from the musical and some from the past.

~~~ Grace's Bedroom ~~~

After their chat and agreeing to focus on repairing their friendship properly this time, Grace and Rosie sat in bed together just talking like they used to do when they had sleepovers. They were determined to go back to what they used to do to try and make things more normal between them.