Chapter 38

Song of the Day - Mariahlynn - Once Upon A Time

***

A V A

"Once upon a time, not long ago, I was a..." Elijah's voice is loud behind my bedroom door, jolting me awake. I literally just picture him tweaking behind my door. He's probably turnt but at least he's having fun. I sit up quickly, heavily breathing. I look around at my surroundings.

I'm in my room.

Except it was different.

Real different.

The dozen of boxes that I had scattered everywhere, were gone. Instead, all my things were put away. And when I mean everything, I mean everything. My books are stacked up on my shelf, my motivational pictures and quotes hung up on the wall, and it looks like my clothes were put away in my closet and my dressers. It just looks so neat. It looks like how I would clean it. My room.

Well... pretty close to it.

I grip the sheets over me and I realize that I'm naked on my bed. Alone. I lightly gasp as memories from last night start flooding in.

I blush.

Woah.

Suddenly, Elijah flings the door open, making me jump.

"And I'm admitting it! I won't take it back, 'cause I did the shit!" He sings very off key. My ears are just begging for ear muffs... ear stoppers...well, anything at this point!

"Well, well, well..." He says with a smirk. He put his hands on his hips, staring at me. I bite the inside of my cheek.

"You won't believe the heart attack that I had to go through this morning!"

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah... really! I saw someone very familiar try to leave your room early this morning. I was on my way to the bathroom for a nice bubble bath!" He exclaims and I roll my eyes at him.

Great.

The one time I want Noah to be the so-called sneaky kidnapper that he is seems to be the time that he decides to not sneak out of the apartment properly!

"Uh huh..." I say, pretending I have no clue what he's talking about.

"Uh huh..." He repeats me, arching his eyebrow.

"Anyways, maybe I was just too drunk and I was dreaming... but then again, here you are. In bed. Probably naked. Under the covers. Care to explain, Aves?"

I sigh.

"I met Noah at the club after you left me with Scott." I blurt out and his eyes widen.

"SHUT UP!!" He screams excitedly, even though he already knows that Noah showed up some part of the night. He then begs me to tell him what happened. So I do. I tell him all about Lupe showing up, Noah and I kissing, Scott taking me home and Noah breaking into the apartment and all the shit and when down after that. When I'm finished, Elijah is speechless.

"Wow."

"Yeah, I know," I say, combing my fingers through my messy hair.

"Well, at least you won't have to see him again. And look..." he turns around in a quick circle, with his hands out in the air. "He packed away your stuff so at least you got something out of it."