♡Chapter 28

AN; Here's a chapter. Sorry for the extremely long wait. I'm a terrible person, I know. I should be able to update faster when summer is here(: So no update until I get at least ten votes on this story so that means 182 votes altogether. Enjoy and thanks for reading<3 Sam

BOOM. A rock about fifteen feet away from me exploded into little bitty pieces. I ducked down and covered my head, but that didn't stop the little shards of rock from raining down on me.

"I can't believe it! How could I've ignored the obvious for so long!? He is so a charred rat when I finally get my hands on him!" she ranted to the night air. She screamed again, and yet another rock exploded nearby, a little too nearby for my comfort.

"Miss Bat, can you calm yourself please. All this noise may draw some unwanted attention," my father pleaded, he looked a little taken aback by Miss B's rampage.

"And to think, I helped him bury that girl too," she continued.

I felt like slapping her across the face. Two people, really? She helped cover up two murders he had committed!? Talk about blinded by love. If that was what love did to you, then I hoped it never happened to me.

"That dwarf! Scum of the bottom of my shoe."

"Enough," my father snapped, suddenly growing serious, "Make one more noise and I will silence you permanently,"

Miss B closed her mouth and glared at him. I could tell she was debating if she should take him seriously or not. But judging by the look, he was giving her back. It was safe to say he wasn't to be tested.

She turned away from Neeva and began walking back up the path to the mountain, and back towards our camp. She looked over her shoulder once and then kept walking.

I turned to my father. "Let's go, the camp we set up is in that direction," My father nodded and began trailing behind Miss B and me.

By the time we had finished climbing the steps leading up the mountain, I was panting hard. I collapsed at the top and laid sprawled out on the cool rocks. My father, who had been right behind me, stopped and gave me a look laced with concern.

"Are you alright daughter?" he asked.

I held up a finger telling him to give me a minute. He looked at me for another moment, before walking away.

"Ah, you must be the boy on the dragon that kidnapped my daughter. I'm I not right?" I heard my father say abruptly. "But I have to admit. You have quite a fine beast here. I just hope you don't plan on using it to try and take my daughter again, or I might have to injure it."

I sat up abruptly. I looked towards the spot on the ground Henry should have been laying on, but he was no longer there. My eyes traveled upwards to see that he was standing with his back to my father, rubbing Nessie's nose with some kind of buffer pad. He was still wearing his dirty black pants and boots, and his chest and back were wrapped in more bandages than I remembered Miss B putting on him. He must've applied them himself while we were gone.

Without turning around Henry answered. "Thank you. She's a blue Awidien. I've raised her ever since she was a hatchling. And, no I don't plan on doing that again, kidnapping your daughter that is."

My father bobbed his head up and down with approval "May I," my father asked, and Henry stepped away to allow Neeva to get closer to Nessie. My father stepped forward and placed a hand on Nessie's snout, and began to scratch it gently. Nessie made a purring sound from deep within her throat, and she pressed her snout blue against my father's hand.

I found myself smiling at this strange, but very nice scene they had going here. Then, Henry shot me a look, and I straightened. The message that had come with that look was clear; get your ass over here now, before your father murders me. I stood and hurried over to them.