Tirron.

Gale ran first out of Heroes Pass, past the rocky ground first and on to the field of Valton. The othersran after her and spin in the fresh air. The grass looked greener than the other side of the ridge. Hills for miles, covered with rocks and trees. The sun at its peak beaming down, giving the vast fields a golden glow.

"Ah!" Elle sighed. "This is like paradise compared to Heroes Pass, I must say."

"Yeah, that was a hell hole." Elwood said acting a little girly. Then he realized and coughed while going back to seriousness.

"Yep!" Alura said petting Nights forehead. "And I'm sure our horses are more pleased."

Night neighed and patted her hooves lightly on the ground.

"How about a rest then?" Elle suggested. "Let our horses graze."

Gale was already lying on the grass, "Yay," she said as she put her hands behind her head, resting on the soft grass. "rest at last."

Elle lay on the ground next to Gale and closed her eyes. She felt tired though just being midday when they got out of the pass as planned. Relieved they got through safe she felt. There were so many dangerous things that could have needed badly in her mind.

* * * *

"Elle, Elle, wake up." someone said to Elle who still lay in the grass. Her vision was blurry then they focus on Elwood leaning over her.

"Oh, I must have dosed off." She said raising off the ground. 

"You work to hard." Elwood said.

"I don't have much choice." Elle replied in a harsh tone. 

"It doesn't matter much If we go a bit slower, does it?" 

"Yes, It does matter." Elle stood up firmly, she wasn't in the mood. "I need to see my father."

"Do you miss him? He seems like a real great Elf." Elwood asked.

"Yeah, well of course I do. But I'm really serious about getting to the Golden Forest as soon as possible." Elle said, she started to walk away but then she turned back around to Elwood who was standing still. "You know, you never told me about your dad. What's he like?"

Elwood's eyes filled with pain and Elle could tell and wished she hadn't asked at that moment.

"He wasn't a great man.." He said, "Want to know where I got this scar?" he pointed at his face, building up anger.

"How?" Elle stuttered a little. 

"He did this to me!" Elwood gritted his teeth together. "He hated me for some reason and he cut my face with his sword and kicked me out."

"I-I had no idea," Elle said but Elwood cut her off.

"And you know what?. He said. "I didn't even fight him back, I wouldn't do that to my own father."

Elle came closer to Elwood and tried to calm him. She put her hands on his cheek over the scar. "I'm sorry." She said.

"No, no." Elwood replied. "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault."

"Come on guys!" Gale shouted from away with Alura setting up for their ride ahead.

Elle smiled at Elwood lightly and her hand slowly fell from his face, "We better head off." she said.

Elwood smiled back. "Yeah, we better."

They all hopped on to their horses backs and headed off.